Crowley Maritime Corporation, based in Jacksonville, Florida, and founded in 1892, is primarily a family and employee-owned company that provides transportation and logistics services in U.S. and international markets by means of six operating lines of business: Puerto Rico/Caribbean Liner Services, Latin America Liner Services, Logistics Services, Petroleum and Chemical Transportation, Petroleum Distribution and Contract Services and Technical Services. Offered within these operating lines of business are the following services: liner container shipping, logistics, contract towing and transportation; ship assist and escort; energy support; salvage and emergency response; vessel management; vessel construction and naval architecture; government services, and petroleum and chemical transportation, distribution and sales.
Campaign Finance$789,412 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Crowley Maritime
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Crowley Maritime $440,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Homeland Security,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1267 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the application of the tonnage tax on certain vessels. S.57 A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the application of the tonnage tax on certain vessels.
RegulationsMentioned in 216 dockets; Submitted to 27 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Crowley Maritime" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Crowley Maritime
- Toggle 3 USCG Maritime Security 2002
- Toggle 2 USCG Standards for Living Organisms In Ships Ballast Water Discharged In U.S. Waters 2001
- Toggle 2 MARAD Determination of Availability of Coastwise-Qualified Launch Barges 2005
- Toggle 1 MARAD Sargent Marine Inc. Notice of Application for Written Permission for Temporary Transfer to the Domestic Trade 2003
- Toggle 1 USCG Implementation of National Maritime Security Initiatives 2003
- Toggle 1 USCG Inspection of Towing Vessels 2004
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Required Use Of Emergency Response Guidebooks and Material Safety Data Sheets 1984
- Toggle 1 USCG Implementation of the 1995 Amendments to the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping (STCW) for Seafarers, 1978 2004
- Toggle 1 MARAD Determination of Foreign Reconstruction or Rebuilding of U.S. Built Vessel That Participate in the Capital Construction Fund and Cargo Preference Programs 2007
- Toggle 1 USCG Port Security Plans 2003
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Crowley Maritime
- Toggle 41 USCG Maritime Security 2002
- Toggle 10 USCG Vessel Documentation: Lease Financing for Vessels Engaged In the Coastwise Trade 2001
- Toggle 8 DOT Maritime Administration - Comment on Competition in the Non Contiguous Domestic Maritime Trades 1996
- Toggle 8 FMCSA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM) - General Requirements; Inspection, Repair, and Maintenance - Request for Comments 1998
- Toggle 7 FHWA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Parts and Accessories Necessary for Safe Operation; Lighting Devices, Reflectors, and Electrical Equipment 1997
- Toggle 7 MARAD Determination of Availability of Coastwise-Qualified Launch Barges 2005
- Toggle 6 EPA NPDES - Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2008
- Toggle 5 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 5 USCG Implementation of the 1995 Amendments to the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping (STCW) for Seafarers, 1978 2004
- Toggle 5 MARAD Matson Navigation Company--Application for Approval of a Proposed Ocean Flight Service Under the Fourth Exception to Section 506 of the Merchant Marine Act, 1936, as Amended 1999
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Crowley Maritime" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee