Crowell & Moring
Crowell & Moring is an international law firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in Irvine, New York City, Los Angeles, Anchorage, San Francisco, London and Brussels, and around 450 lawyers. . The firm was founded in 1979 by 53 lawyers, most of whom were previously at Jones Day. The firm has grown steadily since its foundation, through acquisitions of practice groups and mergers. Crowell raided Morgan & Finnegan to open in New York in 2006 and then merged with King Pagano Harrison, a health care and litigation boutique of some 20 attorneys. In 2007, Crowell lured a 10-lawyer financial services group from Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney to increase headcount in its New York office; however, that same year a 25-member securities group decamped to Mayer Brown in search of a deeper platform.[clarification needed] Most recently, in October 2008, Crowell launched an office in Los Angeles by merging with seven-lawyer white collar defense boutique Lightfoot Vandevelde Sadowsky Crouchley Rutherford & Levine LLP.
Campaign Finance$177,926 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Crowell & Moring
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount John Wiley & Sons $590,000 KGL Holding $350,000 Dow Chemical $280,000 Gibson Guitar Corp $260,000 SC Johnson & Son $220,000 Methanol Institute $220,000 City of Cleveland, OH $210,000 Arborgen $200,000 CropLife America $200,000 Hill-Rom Co $200,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Government Issues,
- Chemical Industry,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Natural Resources
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.872 Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act of 2011 H.R.2881 Foreign Service Line of Duty Death Gratuity Act of 2011 H.R.915 Jaime Zapata Border Enforcement Security Task Force Act S.1180 Libyan Assets for Humanitarian Relief Act of 2011 S.J.RES.20 A joint resolution authorizing the limited use of the United States Armed Forces in support of the NATO mission in Libya. H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.3370 H.R.4173 Prevent Iran from Acquiring Nuclear Weapons and Stop War Through Diplomacy Act H.R.6845
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary March 1, 2013 Franklin Square Holdings, L.P. d/b/a Franklin Square Capital Partners Investment Company Act of 1940 and ERISA. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 23 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Crowell & Moring" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Crowell & Moring
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Crowell & Moring
- Toggle 2 DOT World Airways, Inc. - Exemption - United States-People's Republic of China 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT Tampa Cargo S.A. 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA An Assessment of Potential Mining Impacts on Salmon Ecosystems of Bristol Bay, Alaska 2012
- Toggle 2 USTR All Other Measures ( including National Trade Estimate Report ) 2011
- Toggle 2 USTR GENERALIZED SYSTEM OF PREFERENCES (GSP): NOTICE REGARDING THE INITIATION OF THE 2011 ANNUAL GSP PRODUCT AND COUNTRY ELIGIBILITY PRACTICES REVIEW AND DEADLINES FOR FILING PETITIONS 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT Jin Air Company, Limited - Exemption - Republic of Korea-U.S. Open Skies 2012
- Toggle 1 CPSC Settlement Agreements and Orders; Provisional Acceptances: Henry Gordy International, Inc. 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Twin Cities Air Service, LLC - Commuter Air Carrier Authorization 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Polskie Linie Lotnicze LOT S.A. - Exemption - Codeshare Services at Points Served by Continental and Colgan 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT United Air Lines, Inc. and Eva Airways Corporation - Statement of Authorization - United States-Taiwan 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Crowell & Moring" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee