Crowell & Moring
Crowell & Moring is an international law firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices in Irvine, New York City, Los Angeles, Anchorage, San Francisco, London and Brussels, and around 450 lawyers. . The firm was founded in 1979 by 53 lawyers, most of whom were previously at Jones Day. The firm has grown steadily since its foundation, through acquisitions of practice groups and mergers. Crowell raided Morgan & Finnegan to open in New York in 2006 and then merged with King Pagano Harrison, a health care and litigation boutique of some 20 attorneys. In 2007, Crowell lured a 10-lawyer financial services group from Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney to increase headcount in its New York office; however, that same year a 25-member securities group decamped to Mayer Brown in search of a deeper platform.[clarification needed] Most recently, in October 2008, Crowell launched an office in Los Angeles by merging with seven-lawyer white collar defense boutique Lightfoot Vandevelde Sadowsky Crouchley Rutherford & Levine LLP.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's June 16, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Crowell & Moring
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Dow Chemical $610,000 John Wiley & Sons $570,000 CropLife America $420,000 Hill-Rom Co $380,000 Gerdau Ameristeel Corp $270,000 Prince Group $260,000 SC Johnson & Son $250,000 1-800 Contacts $250,000 City of Cleveland, OH $240,000 National Petrochemical & Refiners Assn $240,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Chemical Industry,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2266 Reasonable Prudence in Regulation Act H.R.2267 Internet Gambling Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act S.1597 Internet Poker and Game of Skill Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.911 Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2009 H.R.34 Midnight Rule Act S.3018 Bipartisan Tax Fairness and Simplification Act of 2010 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.1442 H.R.2165 Bulk Power System Protection Act of 2009 H.R.2868 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 44 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Crowell & Moring" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Crowell & Moring
- Toggle 2 DOT Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Inc. and ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. - Pendente Lite Exemption 2010
- Toggle 1 FAA New Pilot Certification Requirements for Air Carrier Operations 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT Continental Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - Mexico, China, Japan and Vietnam Codesharing 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Key Lime Air Corp. - Commuter Air Carrier - Scheduled Passenger Operations 2009
- Toggle 1 ITA Proposed Methodology for Respondent Selection in Antidumping Proceedings; Request for Comment 2010
- Toggle 1 FAA Petition for Waiver of the Terms of the Order Limiting Scheduled Operations at LaGuardia Airport 2010
- Toggle 1 MSHA Lowering Miners' Exposure to Respirable Coal Mine Dust, Including Continuous Personal Dust Monitors 2010
- Toggle 1 MSHA Examinations of Work Areas in Underground Coal Mines for Violations of Mandatory Health or Safety Standards 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Crowell & Moring
- Toggle 6 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for Tapentadol Hydrochloride, U.S. Patent RE 39,593 - CLOSED 2009
- Toggle 4 DOT Key Lime Air Corp. - Commuter Air Carrier - Scheduled Passenger Operations 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 3 DOT All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. and United Parcel Service Co. - Statement of Authorization 2009
- Toggle 3 DOT Pan American World Airways Dominicana C. por A., d/b/a PAWA Dominicana - Exemption - Dominican Republic-Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, FL 2009
- Toggle 2 DOT ANA & JP Express Co., Ltd. 2009
- Toggle 2 DOT Open Joint Stock Company Transaero Airlines - Foreign Permit/Exemption - U.S.-Russian Federation 2010
- Toggle 2 DOT Aviation Matters, Inc. d/b/a PacificFlier - Foreign Permit/Exemption - Republic of Palau/Brisbane, Australia-Guam and Beyond 2009
- Toggle 2 DOT Tampa Cargo, S.A. - Exemption - Colombia-St. Louis All-Cargo 2009
- Toggle 2 DOT ANA WING CO., LTD. - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - Japan-United States 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Crowell & Moring" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 1 person on 1 committee