CR Bard Inc
C. R. Bard, Inc. (NYSE: BCR), now branded simply as Bard, is a manufacturer of medical equipment headquartered in Murray Hill, New Jersey and active worldwide. An S&P; 500 company with approximately 11,000 employees as of 2009, Bard specializes in the manufacture of vascular, urology, oncology, and surgical specialty products. Bard is perhaps best known for having introduced the Foley catheter in 1934.
Campaign Finance$522,270 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of CR Bard Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount CR Bard Inc $375,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.436 Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011 S.17 Medical Device Access and Innovation Protection Act H.R.452 Medicare Decisions Accountability Act of 2011 S.510 Research of Alcohol Detection Systems for Stopping Alcohol-related Fatalities Everywhere Act of 2011 S.2029 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2007 S.2221 Transparency in Medical Device Pricing Act of 2007 H.R.583 Consistency, Accuracy, Responsibility, and Excellence in Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Act of 2007 H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.6049 Energy and Tax Extenders Act of 2008 S.1042 Consistency, Accuracy, Responsibility, and Excellence in Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "CR Bard Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for CR Bard Inc
- Toggle 2 FDA Electronic Records & Signatures, Retention of Electronic Rec 2000
- Toggle 2 FDA Confirm that FDA Will Stay Approval of ANDA No. 90-040 for 30 Months from November 24, 2009 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Electronic Signatures, Electronic Copies of Electronic Records 2000
- Toggle 1 FDA Petition Requesting that the Agency not Approve ANADA 011-557 Before Expiration of the 30-month Stay on March 29, 2011 2009
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Aqua-Tech Environmental, Inc. (Prn)||C.R. Bard, Inc. (+169 others)||2006||Greer, Sc||$9,170,528|
|Casmalia Superfund Site De Minimis Settlement 99-02(E)(Supp)||C. R. Bard, Inc. (+99 others)||2009||Casmalia, Ca||$1,700,000|