Council on Foundations
Campaign Finance$11,249 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Council on Foundations
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Sheridan Group $584,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1250 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2009 S.676 H.R.1250 Native Hawaiian Government Reorganization Act of 2011 H.R.1419 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2007 S.557 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2011 S.593 A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the tax rate for excise tax on investment income of private foundations. S.819 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2007 H.R.250 To provide discretionary authority to an immigration judge to determine that an alien parent of a United States citizen child should not be ordered removed, deported, or excluded from the United States. H.R.3501 H.R.2502 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Council on Foundations" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Council on Foundations
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Council on Foundations
- Toggle 2 IRS Payout Requirements for Type III Supporting Organizations that are not Functionally Integrated 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA Lead Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program 2005
- Toggle 2 IRS Examples of Program-Related Investments 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Reliance Standards for Making Good Faith Determinations 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Proposed Endocrine Disruptor Methods Validation Advisory Committee (EDMVAC); Notice of request for Nominations for Membership 2004
- Toggle 1 CMS Civil Money Penalty Reduction for Self-Reporting 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Lead; Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program for Public and Commercial Buildings 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Council on Foundations" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 1 person on 1 committee