Convergys Corporation (NYSE: CVG) is a corporation based in Cincinnati, Ohio that provides customer relationship management services, consulting and professional services, billing services, and self-care technology. Most of its clients are companies in the telecommunications, financial services, technology, government, and employee care markets.
Campaign Finance$728,622 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Convergys Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Science & Technology,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Travel & Tourism,
- Automotive Industry,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act S.1679 Affordable Health Choices Act S.1796 America's Healthy Future Act of 2009 H.R.2221 Data Accountability and Trust Act H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.139 Data Breach Notification Act S.1490 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 25 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Convergys Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Convergys Corp
- Toggle 1 ETA Spartech Polycom, Washington, PA; Affirmative Determinations for Worker Adjustment Assistance and Alternative Trade Adjustment 2006
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2008
- Toggle 1 ETA Sony Technology Center Pittsburgh, Mount, PA; Affirmative Determinations for Worker Adjustment Assistance and Alternative Trade 2006
- Toggle 1 FTC Requests for Early Terminations of Waiting Periods under Premerger Notification Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 MARAD NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY for Programmatic Environmental Assessment 2008
- Toggle 1 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 1 EPA Area Designations for the 2006 24-Hour PM 2.5 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2008 Ozone Standards 2008
- Toggle 1 ETA Adjustment assistance; applications, determinations, etc.: Allegheny Color Corp. 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA ERGONOMICS 2006
Federal Spending6 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Convergys Corporation||2012||Corporation For National And Community Service||CONSOLIDATED CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT||$3,329,831|
|Convergys Corporation||2011||Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation||DDO - BAPD||$3,000,000|
|Convergys Corporation||2010||Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation||COO - BAPD||$3,000,000|
|Convergys Corporation||2009||Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation||COO/BAPD||$2,790,500|
|Convergys Corporation||2009||Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation||COO/BAPD||$1,620,039|
|Convergys Corporation||2009||Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation||COO - BAPD||$1,353,170|