Consumer Healthcare Products Assn
The Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA) is an American trade association consisting of manufacturers and distributors of over-the-counter drugs and nutritional supplements.
Campaign Finance$402,804 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Consumer Healthcare Products Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Consumer Healthcare Products Assn $10,034,549
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse,
- Food Industry,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Government Issues,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Chemical Industry
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2529 Restoring Access to Medication Act H.R.605 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act S.312 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act S.1368 Restoring Access to Medication Act H.R.1259 Dextromethorphan Distribution Act of 2009 S.1383 Dextromethorphan Abuse Reduction Act of 2009 H.R.759 Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009 H.R.1483 Drug Safety Enhancement Act of 2011 H.R.2010 Family and Retirement Health Investment Act of 2011 S.256 Combat Methamphetamine Enhancement Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 111 dockets; Submitted to 38 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Consumer Healthcare Products Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Consumer Healthcare Products Assn
- Toggle 6 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Dietary Supplements 1996
- Toggle 2 U.S./Canada Regulatory Cooperation Council (RCC) Stakeholder Consultation 2013
- Toggle 2 FDA International Drug Scheduling; Convention on Psychotropic Substances; Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs; Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB); Ketamine; Dextromethorphan; N-benzylpiperazine (BZP); 1-(3-trifluoromethylphenyl)piperazine (TFMPP); 1-(3-chlorophenyl)piperazine (mCPP); 1-(4-Methoxyphenyl)piperazine (MeOPP); 1-(3,4-methylenedioxybenzyl)piperazine (MDBP); Gamma-butyrolactone; 1,4-Butanediol 2008
- Toggle 2 FDA FDA Transparency Task Force; Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Requirements for Foreign and Domestic Establishment Registration and Listing for Human Drugs, Including Drugs that are Regulated Under a Biologics License Application, and Animal Drugs 2005
- Toggle 1 FDA Guidance for Industry on Questions and Answers Regarding the Labeling of Nonprescription Human Drug Products Marketed Without an Approved Application as Required by the Dietary Supplement and Nonprescription Drug Consumer Protection Act 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Pilot Program To Evaluate Proposed Name Submissions; Concept Paper; Public Meeting, 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Internal Analgesic, Antipyretic, and Antirheumatic Drug Products for Over-the-Counter Use; Proposed Amendment of the Tentative Final Monograph; Required Warnings and Other Labeling 1977
- Toggle 1 FDA Joint Meeting of the Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee, Nonprescription Drugs Advisory Committee, and the Anesthetic and Life Support Drugs Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting. 2009
- Toggle 1 CPSC Publicly Available Consumer Product Safety Information Database 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Consumer Healthcare Products Assn
- Toggle 54 FDA OTC Nasal Decongestants 1976
- Toggle 17 FDA Over the Counter Human Drugs Labeling Requirements 1998
- Toggle 12 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Dietary Supplements 1996
- Toggle 12 FDA Sunscreen Drug Products 1978
- Toggle 8 FDA Requirements for Foreign and Domestic Establishment Registration and Listing for Human Drugs, Including Drugs that are Regulated Under a Biologics License Application, and Animal Drugs 2005
- Toggle 7 FDA Over-the-Counter (OTC) Drug Review Policy Statement 1980
- Toggle 6 FDA Oral Health Care Drug Products for OTC Human Use 1981
- Toggle 6 FDA Joint Meeting of the Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee, Nonprescription Drugs Advisory Committee, and the Anesthetic and Life Support Drugs Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting. 2009
- Toggle 6 FDA Over-the-Counter Drug Products;Public Hearing 2000
- Toggle 4 FDA Internal Analgesic, Antipyretic, and Antirheumatic Drug Products for Over-the-Counter Use; Proposed Amendment of the Tentative Final Monograph; Required Warnings and Other Labeling 1977