Constellation Energy, headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, generates, trades, supplies, and distributes energy. The company operates over 35 power plants in 11 states (mainly Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, West Virginia, and California) under its operating company Constellation Commodities Group and/or Constellation Generation Group. Constellation Energy is a Fortune 500 company and is one of the top electricity producers in the United States.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's November 30, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Constellation Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Constellation Energy $4,310,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Homeland Security,
- Science & Technology,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.1573 To facilitate implementation of title VII of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, promote regulatory coordination, and avoid market disruption. S.587 FRAC Act H.R.909 A Roadmap for America's Energy Future H.R.1084 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals Act of 2011 H.R.1840 To improve consideration by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission of the costs and benefits of its regulations and orders. H.R.1705 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011 H.R.2250 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 H.R.2682 Business Risk Mitigation and Price Stabilization Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 124 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Constellation Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Constellation Energy
- Toggle 17 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 7 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 6 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Rio Bravo Poso Prevention of Significant Deterioration Permit SJ 85-06: Minor Modification 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Rio Bravo Jasmin Prevention of Significant Deterioration Permit SJ 85-07: Minor Modification 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Wyoming; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan. 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Maryland- Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA GHG New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) for Utilities 2011
- Toggle 2 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Constellation Energy" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee