Consolidated Edison Inc
Consolidated Edison, Inc. (NYSE: ED) is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the United States, with approximately $14 billion in annual revenues and $33 billion in assets. The company provides a wide range of energy-related products and services to its customers through its subsidiaries:
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Consolidated Edison Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Consolidated Edison of New York $1,797,531
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.76 Cybersecurity Education Enhancement Act of 2011 H.R.1136 Executive Cyberspace Coordination Act of 2011 S.413 Cybersecurity and Internet Freedom Act S.1342 Grid Cyber Security Act S.2105 Cybersecurity Act of 2012 S.2151 SECURE IT H.R.174 Homeland Security Cyber and Physical Infrastructure Protection Act of 2011 H.R.668 Secure High-voltage Infrastructure for Electricity from Lethal Damage Act H.R.3091 To make permanent the individual income tax rates for capital gains and dividends. H.R.3523 Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 28 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Consolidated Edison Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Consolidated Edison Inc
- Toggle 14 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA NY Regional Haze SIP 2012
- Toggle 3 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
- Toggle 2 EERE Notice of Intent to Negotiate Proposed Rule on Energy Efficiency Standards for Distribution Transformers 2011
- Toggle 2 BOEM Potential Commercial Leasing for Wind Power on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Offshore New York, Request for Interest 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Federal Implementation Plan and Revisions to Regional Haze Provisions Governing Alternative to Source-Specific Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) Determinations 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 2 USCG Availability of Draft Environmental Assessment for the Proposed Modification of the Bayonne Bridge 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Consolidated Edison Company Of New York, Inc. Et Al.||Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (+4 others)||2011||Tusten, Ny||$8,100,000|