ConocoPhillips Company (NYSE: COP) is an American multinational energy corporation with its headquarters located in the Energy Corridor district of Houston, Texas in the United States. It is also one of the Fortune 500 companies. ConocoPhillips is the fifth largest private sector energy corporation in the world and is one of the six "supermajor" vertically integrated oil companies. It sells fuel under the Conoco, Phillips 66 and Union 76 brands in North America, and Jet in Europe. ConocoPhillips was created through the merger of Conoco Inc. and the Phillips Petroleum Company on August 30, 2002.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of ConocoPhillips
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount ConocoPhillips $24,420,779
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
- Foreign Relations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.2 Middle Class Success Act S.3 Fiscal Responsibility and Spending Control Act H.R.4173 Prevent Iran from Acquiring Nuclear Weapons and Stop War Through Diplomacy Act H.R.104 RAMP Act S.4 Make America the World's Leader in Clean Energy Act S.2204 Repeal Big Oil Tax Subsidies Act H.R.901 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Security Authorization Act of 2011 H.R.908 Full Implementation of the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Act S.5 Reform America's Schools to Educate the Leaders of the Future Act H.R.2021 Jobs and Energy Permitting Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 229 dockets; Submitted to 18 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "ConocoPhillips" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for ConocoPhillips
- Toggle 3 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
- Toggle 2 BOEM Alaska Outer Continental Shelf Chukchi Sea Planning Area Oil and Gas Lease Sale 193 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS 50 CFR 402: Definition for "destruction or adverse modification"; Proposed Endangered Species Act Implementing Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Incentivizing Voluntary Conservation Actions under the Endangered Species Act 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Regulations Governing Designation of Critical Habitat Under Section 4 of the ESA, 50 CFR 424 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Adjusting the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 Limits of Liability for Offshore Facilities 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Request for Interest (RFI) Cook Inlet Sale 244, BOEM Alaska Region 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Revisions to the Regulations for Impact Analyses of Critical Habitat 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Canada’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for ConocoPhillips
- Toggle 15 EPA Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 12 EPA Pennsylvania- Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 11 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2010 SO2 Standards 2012
- Toggle 11 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
- Toggle 11 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 9 EPA NJ Regional Haze Program 2011
- Toggle 7 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 7 FWS Incidental take of polar bears and Pacific walruses in the Chukchi/Bering Seas and adacent cost of Alaska during oil and gas industry activities for 5 years. 2012
- Toggle 6 BOEM Shell Gulf of Mexico Revised 2012 Outer Continental Shelf Lease Exploration Plan, Chukchi Sea, Alaska. Burger Prospect: Posey Area Blocks 6714, 6762, 6764, 6812, 6915; Chukchi Sea Lease Sale 193 (May 2011) 2011
- Toggle 6 FWS Interagency Cooperation—Endangered Species Act of 1973, as Amended; Incidental Take 2011
Federal Spending1 grant; 5 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Conocophillips Company||2012||JET FUEL, TYPE A (JAA)&TURBINE FUEL, AVIATION (JP8)||$183,548,892|
|Conocophillips Company||2012||DECREASE ITEM 0101 AND ESTABLISH ALTERNATE ITEMS 0102 AND 0103.||$101,665,066|
|Conocophillips Company||2011||IEG SUPPLMENTAL (SP060010R00610001) AWARDED CONTRACT SP0600-11-D-0499 TO CONOCOPHILLIPS FOR PURCHASE OF TURBINE FUEL, AVIATION (JP8).||$71,075,653|
|Conocophillips Company||2011||THE PURPOSE OF THIS MODIFICATION IS TO EXTEND THE ORDERING AND DELIVERY PERIOD OF THIS IEG SUPPLEMENTAL CONTRACT AND INCREASE THE QUANTITIES.||$66,182,438|
|Conocophillips Company||2012||CLIN 0401 FOR DELIVERY OF JP8 FOB DESTINATION MCCONNELL AFB, KS, BY PIPELINE IS INCREASED BY 3,000,000 USG. CLIN 0501 FOR DELIVERY OF JP8,FOB DESTINATION TINER AFB, OK, BY PIPELINE IS INCREASED BY 1,800,000 USG.||$10,659,276|
|Conocophillips||2011||Energy, Department Of||NEW AWARD CONOCOPHILLIPS GAS HYDRATE PRODUCTION TEST||$4,850,000|
EPA Violations4 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Holly Refining & Marketing, Fka Phillips Petroleum Company||Phillips Petroleum Company||2011||Woods Cross, Ut||$17,100,000|
|Operating Industries Inc Superfund Site Admin Settlement No.2010-04||ConocoPhillips Company (+275 others)||2011||Monterey Park, Ca||$8,500,000|
|Calcasieu Estuary||ConocoPhillips Co. (+1 others)||2011||Lake Charles, La||$4,533,000|
|Many Diversified Interest||ConocoPhillips Company (+9 others)||2011||Houston, Tx||$1,750,000|
Advisory Committees9 people on 8 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "ConocoPhillips" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 4 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of the Interior 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee