Computer Sciences Corp
Campaign Finance$2,647,735 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Computer Sciences Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Computer Sciences Corp $14,909,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Science & Technology,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.413 Cybersecurity and Internet Freedom Act H.R.3523 Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 H.R.4310 Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 H.R.5136 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 S.2105 Cybersecurity Act of 2012 S.3454 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat H.R.5658 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 S.3001 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 219 dockets; Submitted to 17 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Computer Sciences Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Computer Sciences Corp
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on: Second-year Experiences with Implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley Internal Control Reporting and Auditing Provisions 2006
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Certification of Disclosure in Companies' Quarterly and Annual Reports 2002
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Retention of Records Relevant to Audits and Reviews 2002
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Insider Trades During Pension Fund Blackout Periods 2002
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Facilitating Shareholder Director Nominations 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Executive Compensation and Related Party Disclosure 2006
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Strengthening the Commission's Requirements Regarding Auditor Independence 2002
- Toggle 1 OSHA INDOOR AIR QUALITY - Part 1 of 6 2006
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Disclosure in Management's Discussion and Analysis About Off-Balance Sheet Arrangements, Contractual Obligations and Contingent Liabilities and Commitments 2002
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Conditions for Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures 2002
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Computer Sciences Corp
- Toggle 28 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 13 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 12 EPA Lead Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program 2005
- Toggle 11 EPA Access to TSCA Confidential Business Information (CBI) 2003
- Toggle 11 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011 2010
- Toggle 10 EPA Air Quality Criteria for Lead 2004
- Toggle 8 EPA Effluent Guidelines and Standards for the Airport Deicing Category 2004
- Toggle 7 EPA Control of Hazardous Air Pollutants from Mobile Sources 2005
- Toggle 7 EPA Control of Emissions From Nonroad Spark-Ignition Engines, Vessels, and Equipment 2004
- Toggle 7 EPA Regulations of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Fuel Quality Regulations for Highway Diesel Fuel Sold in 1993 and Later Calendar Years 2004
Computer Sciences Corp:
Other Helo Development -- Wireless Blade Monitoring System (WBMS)
Federal Spending2 grants; 4,372 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Computer Sciences Corporation||2011||FUNDING IN SUPPORT OF AGREEMENT||$277,000,000|
|Computer Sciences Corporation||2002||Federal Acquisition Service||$195,928,000|
|Computer Sciences Corporation||2008||LMP CORE REQUIREMENTS CY 09||$98,311,851|
|Computer Sciences Corporation||2011||CORE LMP SERVICES||$78,614,362|
|Computer Sciences Corporation||2009||FUNDING||$73,451,000|
|Computer Sciences Corporation||2011||B.9 OPTION 8 LOT IX CONTRACTED MISSION||$72,454,014|
|Computer Sciences Corporation||2005||$68,422,064|
|Computer Sciences Corporation||2012||ESTABLISH TASK ORDER BF05 FOR OPTION 9 LOT X||$68,221,444|
|Computer Sciences Corporation||2007||MODIFICATION TO DEFINITIZE THE REMAINING PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE FOR LMP SERVICES. CPFF AND FFP FUNDING PROVIDED. DD254 AND CLAUSES INCORPORATED. SOW REVISED.||$67,149,927|
|Computer Sciences Corporation||2010||INCREMENTAL FUNDING||$64,136,616|
Contractor Misconduct9 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Labor||None||Giannetto v. Computer Sciences Corporation (Overtime Pay Class Action)||2005||Settlement||$24,000,000|
|Poor Contract Performance||International||Late Delivery of Software||2007||Fine||$10,000,000|
|Government Contract Fraud||Education||False Claims in Connection With Defaulted Student Loans||2000||Settlement||$6,400,000|
|Government Contract Fraud||Multiple Agencies||'Alliance Benefits' False Claims Settlement||2008||Settlement||$1,370,000|
|Government Contract Fraud||NASA||Fraudulent Reimbursement||2005||Settlement||$1,275,000|
|Government Contract Fraud||Defense - Army||Defense Commissary Agency Contract Fraudulent Billing||2000||Settlement||$8,730|
|Securities||None||Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Securities Litigation||2011||Pending||$0|
|Securities||None||City of Roseville Employees' Retirement System v. CSC (Securities Class Action)||2011||Pending||$0|
|Consumer Affairs||Non-Governmental||Hensley vs. Computer Sciences Corporation (Colossus Software Litigation)||2005||Settlement||$0|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Computer Sciences Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 1 person on 1 committee