Commonwealth of Virginia
The Commonwealth of Virginia (i /vərˈdʒɪnjə/) is a U.S. state on the Atlantic Coast of the Southern United States. Virginia is nicknamed the "Old Dominion" and sometimes the "Mother of Presidents" because it is the birthplace of eight U.S. presidents. The geography and climate of the state are shaped by the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Chesapeake Bay, which provide habitat for much of its flora and fauna. The capital of the Commonwealth is Richmond; Virginia Beach is the most populous city and Fairfax County the most populous political subdivision. The state population is over eight million.
Campaign Finance$85,180 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 198 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Commonwealth of Virginia" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Commonwealth of Virginia
- Toggle 1 BOEM AD-73 Oil and Gas and Sulphur Operations in the Outer Continental Shelf—Revisions to Safety and Environmental Management Systems 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM Commercial Leasing for Wind Power Development on the Outer Continental Shelf Offshore Virginia – Call for Information and Nominations 2011
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Commonwealth of Virginia
- Toggle 38 FEMA Major Disaster and Related Determinations; Amendment No. X to Notice of a Disaster Declaration; Emergency and Related Determinations; Amendment No. X to Notice of an Emergency Declaration 2011
- Toggle 34 EPA Virginia- Outer Continental Shelf- Air Regulations Consistency Update 2011
- Toggle 22 FEMA Major Disaster and Related Determinations; Amendment No. X to Notice of a Disaster Declaration; Emergency and Related Determinations; Amendment No. X to Notice of an Emergency Declaration 2012
- Toggle 20 EPA Virginia- Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) analyses and permits for three sources 2011
- Toggle 12 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 11 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 11 EPA Virginia- State Implementation Plan (SIP) and Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) Analysis and Permit for Regional Haze 2011
- Toggle 10 EPA Virginia- Control of Volatile Organic Compounds from Consumer and Commercial Products 2011
- Toggle 7 State Implementation Plans: Response to Petition for Rulemaking; Findings of Substantial Inadequacy; and SIP Calls to Amend Provisions Applying to Excess Emissions During Periods of Startup, Shutdown, and Malfunction 2012
- Toggle 6 EPA Virginia- Amendments to Regulations Concerning Ambient Air Quality Standards for Nitrogen Oxides 2011
Federal Spending2 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Commonwealth of Virginia||2012||Office Of Justice Programs||OVC FY12 VOCA Victim Assistance Formula||$9,542,027|
|Commonwealth of Virginia||2011||Office Of Justice Programs||OJJDP Title II Formula Grants Program||$1,045,189|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Commonwealth of Virginia" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of the Interior 2 people on 2 committees