Commercial Spaceflight Federation
The Commercial Spaceflight Federation is a private spaceflight industry group, incorporated as an industry association for the purposes of establishing ever higher levels of safety for the commercial human spaceflight industry, sharing best practices and expertise, and promoting the growth of the industry worldwide. Issues that the Commercial Spaceflight Federation work on include, but are not limited to, the STIM-Grants program for spaceport infrastructure, FAA regulations and permits, industry safety standards, public outreach, and public advocacy for the commercial space sector.
Campaign Finance$1,000 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Commercial Spaceflight Federation
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Commercial Spaceflight Federation $300,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Science & Technology,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2847 Department of Commerce Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.3288 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.5326 Department of Justice Appropriations Act, 2013 S.2323 Science Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 4 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Commercial Spaceflight Federation" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Commercial Spaceflight Federation
- Toggle 1 FAA Regulatory Approach for Commercial Orbital Human Spaceflight 2011
- Toggle 1 BIS Proposed Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Spacecraft Systems and Related Items the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control Under the United States Munitions List (USML) 2013
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Commercial Spaceflight Federation
- Toggle 3 FAA Regulatory Approach for Commercial Orbital Human Spaceflight 2011
- Toggle 2 BIS Proposed Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Spacecraft Systems and Related Items the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control Under the United States Munitions List (USML) 2013
- Toggle 1 FAA AC-460.11-1-A Environmental Control and Life Support Systems for Flight Crew and Space Flight Participants in Suborbital Space Flight 2009
- Toggle 1 FAA Exclusion of Tethered Launches from Licensing Requirements 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Commercial Spaceflight Federation" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1 person on 1 committee