Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA and NASDAQ: CMCSK), commonly referred to as Comcast, is the largest cable operator, home internet service provider, and third largest home telephone service provider in the United States, providing cable television, broadband Internet, and telephone service to both residential and commercial customers in 39 states and the District of Columbia. The company is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Comcast also has significant holding in several cable networks (including E! Entertainment Television, Style Network, G4, The Golf Channel and Versus), distribution (ThePlatform), and related businesses. Comcast's proposed acquisition of a majority stake in NBC Universal was approved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on January 18, 2011. The acquisition took place on January 28, 2011.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Comcast Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Comcast Corp $33,940,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Government Issues,
- Science & Technology,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.968 PIPA H.R.3261 Stop Online Piracy Act S.911 SPECTRUM Act H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 S.1207 Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011 H.R.1981 Protecting Children From Internet Pornographers Act of 2011 S.21 Cyber Security and American Cyber Competitiveness Act of 2011 S.1151 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 S.978 Commercial Felony Streaming Act H.R.1804 State Video Tax Fairness Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 72 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Comcast Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Comcast Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Comcast Corp
- Toggle 10 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
- Toggle 9 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 8 ATBCB Proposed Accessibility Guidelines for Pedestrian Facilities in the Public Right-of-Way 2011
- Toggle 7 NRC Petition for Rulemaking Submitted by Nuclear Information and Resource Service and Multiple Co-Petitioners - Expansion of Emergency Planning Zone 2012
- Toggle 6 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Colorado; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 DOT Order Soliciting Small Community Grant Proposals 2011
- Toggle 3 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 3 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Scope, Methods, and Data Sources for Conducting Study of Pre-Dispute Arbitration Agreements 2012
Advisory Committees6 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.