Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA and NASDAQ: CMCSK), commonly referred to as Comcast, is the largest cable operator, home internet service provider, and third largest home telephone service provider in the United States, providing cable television, broadband Internet, and telephone service to both residential and commercial customers in 39 states and the District of Columbia. The company is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Comcast also has significant holding in several cable networks (including E! Entertainment Television, Style Network, G4, The Golf Channel and Versus), distribution (ThePlatform), and related businesses. Comcast's proposed acquisition of a majority stake in NBC Universal was approved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on January 18, 2011. The acquisition took place on January 28, 2011.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Blanche Lincoln Melissa Maxfield $17,300
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Comcast Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Comcast Corp $25,527,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Government Issues,
- Science & Technology,
- Sports & Athletics,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.2994 Satellite Home Viewer Reauthorization Act H.R.3101 Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 H.R.3458 Internet Freedom Preservation Act of 2009 H.R.1019 State Video Tax Fairness Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.1670 Satellite Television Modernization Act of 2009 H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.1074 Shareholder Bill of Rights Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 83 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Comcast Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Comcast Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Comcast Corp
- Toggle 97 EPA Notice of Receipt of a Request for a Clean Air Act Waiver to Increase the Allowable Ethanol Content of Gasoline to 15 Percent 2009
- Toggle 19 EPA Revisions to Motor Vehicle Fuel Economy Label 2009
- Toggle 11 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 10 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 6 FAA Flight Crewmember Duty and Rest Requirements 2009
- Toggle 6 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards 2009
- Toggle 5 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 4 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Proposed Determination of Set-top Boxes and Network Equipment as a Covered Consumer Product 2010
- Toggle 3 USTR 2009 Special 301 2009
- Toggle 3 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability; Movie Captioning and Video Description 2010
Advisory Committees4 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.