Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA and NASDAQ: CMCSK), commonly referred to as Comcast, is the largest cable operator, home internet service provider, and third largest home telephone service provider in the United States, providing cable television, broadband Internet, and telephone service to both residential and commercial customers in 39 states and the District of Columbia. The company is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Comcast also has significant holding in several cable networks (including E! Entertainment Television, Style Network, G4, The Golf Channel and Versus), distribution (ThePlatform), and related businesses. Comcast's proposed acquisition of a majority stake in NBC Universal was approved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on January 18, 2011. The acquisition took place on January 28, 2011.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Comcast Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Comcast Corp $21,269,323
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Sports & Athletics,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.215 Internet Freedom Preservation Act H.R.5353 Internet Freedom Preservation Act of 2008 H.R.3679 State Video Tax Fairness Act of 2007 H.R.2738 Family and Consumer Choice Act of 2007 H.R.5140 Recovery Rebates and Economic Stimulus for the American People Act of 2008 S.1492 Broadband Data Improvement Act S.1780 Protecting Children from Indecent Programming Act H.R.5994 Internet Freedom and Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 H.R.2035 Rural Broadband Improvement Act S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 82 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Comcast Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Comcast Corp
- Toggle 114 EPA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Greenhouse Gases Under the Clean Air Act 2008
- Toggle 62 EPA Development of CWA NPDES Permits for Discharges Incidental to Normal Operation of a Vessel 2007
- Toggle 56 EPA Notice of Receipt of a Request from the State of Texas for a Waiver of a Portion of the Renewable Fuel Standards 2008
- Toggle 54 EPA Draft EPA/Army Guidance Regarding CWA Jurisdiction after Rapanos 2007
- Toggle 25 EPA Proposed Determination To Prohibit, Restrict, or Deny the Specification, or the Use for Specification, of an Area as a Disposal Site; Yazoo River Basin, Issaquena County, MS 2008
- Toggle 13 EPA CERCLA/EPCRA Administrative Reporting Exemption for Air Releases of Hazardous Substances from Animal Waste 2007
- Toggle 10 NRC Waste Confidence Decision Update 2008
- Toggle 10 NRC Consideration of Environmental Impacts of Temporary Storage of Spent Fuel After Cessation of Reactor Operations 2008
- Toggle 9 BOR Use of Bureau of Reclamation Land, Facilities, and Waterbodies 2007
- Toggle 6 EPA Formaldehyde Emissions from Pressed Wood Products 2008
Advisory Committees6 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Comcast Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee