College of American Pathologists
The College of American Pathologists ("CAP"), is a medical society serving more than 17,000 physician members and the laboratory community throughout the world.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of College of American Pathologists
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount College of American Pathologists $2,350,786
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Medicare & Medicaid
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.132 Criminal Justice and Forensic Science Reform Act of 2011 H.R.3207 Modernizing Laboratory Test Standards for Patients Act of 2011 H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 H.R.2461 Physician Pathology Services Continuity Act of 2011 S.218 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 H.R.4066 Health Information Technology Reform Act H.R.5651 Food and Drug Administration Reform Act of 2012 S.1967 Physician Pathology Services Continuity Act of 2012 S.3187 Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act H.R.1249 America Invents Act
RegulationsMentioned in 36 dockets; Submitted to 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "College of American Pathologists" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for College of American Pathologists
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff on In Vitro Companion Diagnostic Devices; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff: Commercially Distributed In Vitro Diagnostic Products Labeled for Research Use Only or Investigational Use Only: Frequently Asked Questions; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Ultra High Throughput Sequencing for Clinical Diagnostic Applications – Approaches to Assess Analytical Validity; Public Meeting; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Molecular and Clinical Genetics Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for College of American Pathologists
- Toggle 14 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 14 FDA Unique Device Identification System; Proposed Rule 2011
- Toggle 7 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 4 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff: Commercially Distributed In Vitro Diagnostic Products Labeled for Research Use Only or Investigational Use Only: Frequently Asked Questions; Availability 2011
- Toggle 4 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System, Quality Incentive Program, and Bad Debt Reductions for all Medicare Providers 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 3 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
- Toggle 3 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Ultra High Throughput Sequencing for Clinical Diagnostic Applications – Approaches to Assess Analytical Validity; Public Meeting; Request for Comments 2011
Federal Spending6 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|College Of American Pathologists||2012||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||ACCREDIATION OF VA LABORTORY TESTS||$5,313,247|
|College Of American Pathologists||2011||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||PATHOLOGY AND LABORATORY MEDICINE SERVICE PROFICIENCT TESTING PROGRAM||$3,958,240|
|College Of American Pathologists||2012||ACCREDITATION&PROFICIENCY TESTING||$1,362,593|
|College Of American Pathologists||2011||PROFICIENCY TESTING||$1,222,618|
|College Of American Pathologists||2012||LABORATORY ACCREDITATION AND PROFICIENCY TESTING SURVEY SERVICES||$1,148,085|
|College Of American Pathologists||2011||LABORATORY ACCREDITATION AND PROFICIENCY TESTING SURVEY SERVICES||$1,104,409|