The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is a beverage retailer, manufacturer and marketer of non-alcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups. The company is best known for its flagship product Coca-Cola, invented by pharmacist John Stith Pemberton in 1886. The Coca-Cola formula and brand was bought in 1889 by Asa Candler who incorporated The Coca-Cola Company in 1892. Besides its namesake Coca-Cola beverage, Coca-Cola currently offers more than 500 brands in over 200 countries or territories and serves 1.6 billion servings each day.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Coca-Cola Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Coca-Cola Co $4,280,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry,
- Beverage Industry,
- Health Issues,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.763 H.R.1363 Child Nutrition Promotion and School Lunch Protection Act of 2007 H.R.2183 Commonsense Consumption Act of 2007 S.771 Child Nutrition Promotion and School Lunch Protection Act of 2007 S.1323 Commonsense Consumption Act of 2007 H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 H.R.3688 United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement Implementation Act H.R.3970 Tax Reduction and Reform Act of 2007 H.R.3996 Temporary Tax Relief Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 63 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Coca-Cola Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Coca-Cola Co
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Coca-Cola Co
- Toggle 5 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 5 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 4 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 4 TTB Labeling and Advertising of Wines, Distilled Spirits and Malt Beverages (Serving Facts Labeling) 2007
- Toggle 4 DOT Standard Time Zone Boundary in Southwest Indiana 2007
- Toggle 3 FDA Meeting Being Planned to Obtain Public Input for Ensuring the Safety of Pet Food 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA EPA Response to ICTA Petition on Nanotechnology 2008
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
- Toggle 2 FNS Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Greenhouse Gases Under the Clean Air Act 2008
Advisory Committees4 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Coca-Cola Co" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee