Citigroup Inc. (branded Citi) is a major American financial services company based in New York City. Citigroup was formed from one of the world's largest mergers in history by combining the banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group on April 7, 1998.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Citigroup Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Citigroup Management Corp $10,260,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.749 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend the subpart F exemption for active financing income. H.R.1838 To repeal a provision of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act prohibiting any Federal bailout of swap dealers or participants. H.R.3283 Swap Jurisdiction Certainty Act H.R.1182 GSE Bailout Elimination and Taxpayer Protection Act H.R.1859 Housing Finance Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2586 Swap Execution Facility Clarification Act H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.1439 Business Activity Tax Simplification Act of 2011 H.R.1573 To facilitate implementation of title VII of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, promote regulatory coordination, and avoid market disruption. S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 129 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Citigroup Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Citigroup Inc
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Citigroup Inc
- Toggle 17 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 14 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 8 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 8 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 5 HUD Credit Risk Retention 2011
- Toggle 5 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part II): Standardized Approach for Risk-weighted Assets; Market Discipline and Disclosure Requirements 2012
- Toggle 5 FSOC Authority To Require Supervision and Regulation of Certain Nonbank Financial Companies 2011
- Toggle 4 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
- Toggle 4 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part III): Advanced Approaches Risk-based Capital Rules; Market Risk Capital Rule 2012
- Toggle 3 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
Advisory Committees5 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Citigroup Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Surface Transportation Board 1 person on 1 committee