Citigroup Inc. (branded Citi) is a major American financial services company based in New York City. Citigroup was formed from one of the world's largest mergers in history by combining the banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group on April 7, 1998.
Campaign Finance$34,048,097 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount National Republican Senatorial Cmte Nicholas Calio $85,000 National Republican Congressional Cmte Nicholas Calio $45,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Citigroup Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Citigroup Management Corp $94,430,000 Primerica Life Insurance $1,140,000 Associates First Capital $450,000 Ely & Co $20,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.749 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend the subpart F exemption for active financing income. H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.1944 (Unknown) H.R.1838 To repeal a provision of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act prohibiting any Federal bailout of swap dealers or participants. H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.3283 Swap Jurisdiction Certainty Act S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 886 dockets; Submitted to 80 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Citigroup Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Citigroup Inc
- Toggle 3 CFTC Comments for Proposed Rule 77 FR 41213 2012
- Toggle 3 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Acceptance From Foreign Private Issuers of Financial Statements Prepared in Accordance With International Financial Reporting Standards Without Reconciliation to U.S. GAAP 2007
- Toggle 3 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Prohibitions and Restrictions on Proprietary Trading and Certain Interests in, and Relationships With, Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Credit Risk Retention 2011
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on Prohibition against Conflicts of Interest in Certain Securitizations 2011
- Toggle 2 CFTC Comments for Proposed Rule 77 FR 8332 2012
- Toggle 2 CFTC Comments for Proposed Rule 78 FR 909 2013
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on Amendments to Regulation SHO 2007
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Executive Compensation and Related Party Disclosure 2006
- Toggle 2 CFPB Truth in Lending (Regulation Z) Credit Card ATP Proposal 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Citigroup Inc
- Toggle 176 CFTC Comments for Proposed Rule 76 FR 4752 2010
- Toggle 39 SEC Amendments to Regulation SHO 2008
- Toggle 27 SEC Morgan Keegan & Company, Inc. and Its Affiliates 2006
- Toggle 25 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Prohibitions and Restrictions on Proprietary Trading and Certain Interests in, and Relationships With, Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 23 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Credit Risk Retention 2011
- Toggle 18 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 15 SEC Comments on Amendments to Regulation SHO 2007
- Toggle 14 OCC Liquidity Coverage Ratio: Liquidity Risk Measurement, Standards, and Monitoring 2013
- Toggle 13 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Facilitating Shareholder Director Nominations 2009
- Toggle 13 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Security Holder Director Nominations 2003
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Citigroup Inc.||2013||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||IGF::OT::IGF TRANSPORTATION OF HEADSTONES, MARKERS OR NICHE COVERS THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES||$2,510,000|
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Calumet Containter Admin Order On Consent (Cercla)||Primerica Corporation (+50 others)||2006||Hammond, In||$2,784,520|
|Russell Martin Bliss Et Al||Primerica, Inc. (+1 others)||2001||Wildwood, Mo||$1,750,000|
Advisory Committees14 people on 14 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Citigroup Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 4 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Federal Trade Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Surface Transportation Board 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Election Assistance Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee