Citadel Investment Group
Citadel LLC (formerly known as Citadel Investment Group, L.L.C.) is a global financial institution based in Chicago, Illinois. Founded in 1990 by trader Kenneth C. Griffin, the firm today deploys investment capital across multiple asset classes and strategies. Current activities include equity options market-making, hedge fund administration, investment banking advisory, and a fund of funds business that deploys capital with unaffiliated managers.
Campaign Finance$3,187,575 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Citadel Investment Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Citadel Investment Group
- Toggle 1 SEC Further Definition of Swap, Security-Based Swap, and Security-Based Swap Agreement; Mixed Swaps; Security-Based Swap Agreement Recordkeeping 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Applications: Citadel LLC (Formerly Citadel Investment Group, L.L.C.) and CEIF LLC 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.; Notice of Filing and Order Granting Accelerated Approval of Proposed Rule Change To Amend FINRA Rule 4240 (Margin Requirements for Credit Default Swaps) 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Exemptions For Security-Based Swaps Issued By Certain Clearing Agencies 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. 2011
- Toggle 1 CFTC Further Definition of Swap, Security-Based Swap, and Security-Based Swap Agreement; Mixed Swaps; Security-Based Swap Agreement Recordkeeping 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Exemptions For Security-Based Swaps Issued By Certain Clearing Agencies 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Extension of Temporary Exemptions for Eligible Credit Default Swaps 2011