Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSCO, SEHK: 4333) is an American-based multinational corporation that designs and sells consumer electronics, networking, voice, and communications technology and services. Headquartered in San Jose, California, Cisco has more than 65,000 employees and annual revenue of US$40.0 billion as of 2010. The stock was added to the Dow Jones Industrial Average on June 8, 2009, and is also included in the S&P; 500 Index the Russell 1000 Index, NASDAQ100 Index and the Russell 1000 Growth Stock Index. Cisco is one of the world's biggest technology corporations.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Cisco Systems
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Cisco Systems $4,770,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Science & Technology,
- Homeland Security,
- Foreign Relations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1834 Freedom to Invest Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.911 SPECTRUM Act S.1671 Foreign Earnings Reinvestment Act H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 S.28 Public Safety Spectrum and Wireless Innovation Act S.415 Spectrum Optimization Act H.R.911 Spectrum Inventory and Auction Act of 2011 H.R.1622 Spectrum Innovation Act
RegulationsMentioned in 48 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Cisco Systems" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Cisco Systems
- Toggle 1 OSHA Establishment of the Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee (WPAC) 2012
- Toggle 1 USCG Cooperative Research and Development Agreement: Federally Integrated Communications System - Notice of Intent and Request for Public Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Cisco Systems
- Toggle 9 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 5 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 OMB Federal Participation in the Development and Use of Voluntary Consensus Standards and in Conformity Assessment Activities 2012
- Toggle 1 OMB United States Government Inter-Agency Anti-Counterfeiting Working Group: Strategy to Eliminate Counterfeit Products from United States Government Supply Chain 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. 2012
- Toggle 1 ITA Request for Public Comments Concerning Regulatory Cooperation Activities that Would Help Eliminate or Reduce Unnecessary Regulatory Divergences in North America that Disrupt U.S. Exports 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Final Rule for San Joaquin's Rule 4570 and Rule 4565 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Alaska Regional Haze SIP 2011
Advisory Committees6 people on 7 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Cisco Systems" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 3 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Social Security Administration 1 person on 1 committee