Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSCO, SEHK: 4333) is an American-based multinational corporation that designs and sells consumer electronics, networking, voice, and communications technology and services. Headquartered in San Jose, California, Cisco has more than 65,000 employees and annual revenue of US$40.0 billion as of 2010. The stock was added to the Dow Jones Industrial Average on June 8, 2009, and is also included in the S&P; 500 Index the Russell 1000 Index, NASDAQ100 Index and the Russell 1000 Growth Stock Index. Cisco is one of the world's biggest technology corporations.
Campaign Finance$12,502,841 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Charles E. Schumer Michael Timmeny $23,300 Barbara Boxer Michael Timmeny $16,800
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Cisco Systems
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Cisco Systems $18,435,200 Scientific Atlanta $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Homeland Security,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.1834 Freedom to Invest Act of 2011 S.773 Cybersecurity Act of 2009 H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.911 SPECTRUM Act S.1671 Foreign Earnings Reinvestment Act H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 S.495 Justice Integrity Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 217 dockets; Submitted to 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Cisco Systems" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Cisco Systems
- Toggle 2 FDA Devices: General Hospital and Personal Use Devices; Reclassification of Medical Device Data System 2008
- Toggle 2 IRS Guidance Regarding Foreign Base Company Sales Income 2007
- Toggle 1 FAR 2008/2009/2010 Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Rules 2008
- Toggle 1 OSHA Establishment of the Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee (WPAC) 2012
- Toggle 1 USCG Cooperative Research and Development Agreement: Federally Integrated Communications System - Notice of Intent and Request for Public Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 BIS Export Control Modernization: Strategic Trade Authorization License Exception 2010
- Toggle 1 Proposed Determination for Computer Servers 2013
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Cisco Systems
- Toggle 9 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 5 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
- Toggle 4 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 4 ITA Amendment to Countervailing Duty Order on Dynamic Random Access Memory Semiconductors From the Republic of Korea 2006
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 3 FDA Devices: General Hospital and Personal Use Devices; Reclassification of Medical Device Data System 2008
- Toggle 3 DOT U.S.-France Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2000
- Toggle 3 BIS Request for Public Comments on Crime Control License Requirements in the Export Administration Regulations 2008
- Toggle 3 OMB Federal Participation in the Development and Use of Voluntary Consensus Standards and in Conformity Assessment Activities 2012
Advisory Committees32 people on 34 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Cisco Systems" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 15 people on 15 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 6 people on 8 committees
- Toggle Department of State 4 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Social Security Administration 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee