Circuit City Stores
Circuit City Stores, Inc. (Pink Sheets: CCTYQ) was an American retailer in brand-name consumer electronics, personal computers, entertainment software, and (until 2000) large appliances. The company opened its first store in 1949 and pioneered the electronics superstore format in the 1970s. Circuit City liquidated its final American retail stores in 2009 following a bankruptcy filing and subsequent failure to find a buyer.
Campaign Finance$1,585,722 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Circuit City Stores
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Circuit City Stores $485,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Health Issues,
RegulationsMentioned in 31 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Circuit City Stores" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Circuit City Stores
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Final Rule Regarding Energy Conservation Standards for Room Air Conditioners (EERE-1990-STD-0048) 2006
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Public Workshop on the Rulemaking Priority Setting for Appliance Standards Rulemaking Process [61FR28517] (EERE-2006-PS-0079) 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Circuit City Stores
- Toggle 3 COE Proposal to Reissue and Modify Nationwide Permits 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Hazardous Waste Management System; Revisions to the Definition of Solid Waste - Phase I 2002
- Toggle 3 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Scope, Methods, and Data Sources for Conducting Study of Pre-Dispute Arbitration Agreements 2012
- Toggle 2 OSM Environmental Impact Statement, OSM-EIS-34: Excess Spoil Minimization - Stream Buffer Zones 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 1 OSM Stream Buffer Zone and Related Rules 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT New Air Corporation - Exemption - Slots - John F. Kennedy International Airport 1999
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Identification of Interstate Motor Vehicles: City of Chicago, Illinois Registration Emblem Requirement; Petition for Determination 2012
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Circuit City Stores" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Antitrust Modernization Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle General Services Administration 1 person on 1 committee