Cigna (spelled using all capital letters as CIGNA) is a global health services company, owing to its expanding international footprint and the fact that it provides administrative services only (not insurance) to approximately 80 percent of its clients. The corporate headquarters are located at Two Liberty Place in Center City Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. CIGNA also has a major footprint in the Phoenix, Arizona metro area running a full-service staff-model HMO with satellite clinics throughout the region.
Campaign Finance$8,639,024 Given
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Cigna Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Cigna Corp $22,359,876 HealthSpring Inc $880,000 Fleishman-Hillard Inc $350,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Foreign Relations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.558 Mental Health Parity Act of 2007 H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 S.1693 Wired for Health Care Quality Act H.R.1580 Medicare Beneficiary Preservation of Choice Act of 2011 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 S.1479 Medicare Beneficiary Preservation of Choice Act of 2011 S.495 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2007 S.628 Critical Access to Health Information Technology Act of 2007 S.1408 Health Information Technology Act of 2007 S.1455 National Health Information Technology and Privacy Advancement Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 52 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Cigna Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Cigna Corp
- Toggle 1 EBSA Incentives for Nondiscriminatory Wellness Programs in Group Health Plans 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Coverage: Interim Final Rules for Relating to Status as a Grandfathered Health Plan under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Fees on Health Insurance and Self-insured Plans 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Cigna Corp
- Toggle 3 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 2 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2014 (CMS-9964-P) 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Effluent Guidelines and Standards for the Airport Deicing Category 2004
- Toggle 1 HHS Breach Notification Interim Final Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 CMS Administrative Simplification: Adoption of a Standard for a Unique Health Plan Identifier, Addition to the National Provider Identifier Requirements and ICD-10 Compliance Date Delay 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT 95-7-13 Order U.S.- Brazil All-Cargo Service Proceeding 1995
- Toggle 1 HHS HIPAA Privacy Rule Accounting of Disclosures under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act 2011
- Toggle 1 Medicare Program; Medical Loss Ratio Requirements for the Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Programs (CMS-4173-P) 2013
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
Federal Spending1 loan
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
|Cigna||2009||Farm Service Agency||Commodity Loans-Loan Deficiency Pymts: To improve & stabilize farm income, assist with a better balance between supply and demand of the commodities||$1,187,955|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.