Cigar Assn of America
Campaign Finance$1,786,515 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Cigar Assn of America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Cigar Assn of America $4,108,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.255 Cuba Reconciliation Act H.R.833 Agricultural Export Enhancement Act of 2011 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1400 S.174 Healthy Lifestyles and Prevention America Act H.R.1108 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act H.R.1639 Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011 S.625 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act S.1027 PACT Act S.1403 IDEA Full Funding Act
RegulationsMentioned in 9 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Cigar Assn of America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Cigar Assn of America
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Cigar Assn of America
- Toggle 3 FDA Assert Jurisdiction Over Cigars and Subject Cigars to Certain Sales and Distribution Regulations That Apply to Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Initiate a Rulemaking Procedure to Adjust the Text of a Smokeless Tobacco ("ST") Product Warning Label Statement 2011
- Toggle 1 TTB Tax Classification of Cigars and Cigarettes 2007
- Toggle 1 Tobacco Product Manufacturing Practice; Establishment of a Public Docket 2013
- Toggle 1 TTB Increase in Tax Rates on Tobacco Products and Cigarette Papers and Tubes; Floor Stocks Tax on Certain Tobacco Products, Cigarette Papers, and Cigarette Tubes; and Changes to Basis for Denial, Suspension, or Revocation of Permits 2009
- Toggle 1 OSHA INDOOR AIR QUALITY - Part 2 of 6 2006
- Toggle 1 Tobacco Products, User Fees, Requirements for the Submission of Data Needed to Calculate User Fees for Manufacturers and Importers of Tobacco Products 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Cigar Assn of America" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee