Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma (commonly referred to as the Choctaw Nation) is a semi-autonomous Native American homeland comprising twelve tribal districts. The Choctaw Nation maintains a special relationship with both the United States and Oklahoma governments. Approximately 250,000 people live within the Choctaw Nation, of which 70,000 are enrolled Choctaw.
Campaign Finance$1,014,685 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2584 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.6091 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 S.1599 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.3295 Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.1342 Local Taxpayer Relief Act H.R.3990 Encouraging Innovation and Effective Teachers Act H.R.4031 To provide that claims presented to an Indian Health Service contracting officer pursuant to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act on or before October 31, 2005, involving claims that accrued after October 1, 1995 and on or before Sep H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.J.RES.44 Further Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 22 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
- Toggle 2 NRC Application for Renewal of Facility Operating License 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011
- Toggle 1 ED State of Preschool Survey 2013-2015 2012
- Toggle 1 FERC Revised Restricted Service Lists for Programmatic Agreements: Alabama Power Co., Holt Hydroelectric Project 2012
- Toggle 1 FERC Proposed Revised Restricted Service List: Alabama Power Co., Martin Dam Hydroelectric Project 2012
- Toggle 1 FERC Petitions for Rate Approvals: New Mexico Gas Co., Inc. 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 1 HUD FR–5650–N–02 Native American Housing Assistance and Self-Determination Reauthorization Act of 1996: Request for Nominations for Negotiated Rulemaking Committee Membership 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Request to Exempt Stairlifts (Stairway Chairlifts) From Premarket Notification Requirements 2011
Federal Spending4 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Choctaw Nation Of Oklahoma||2012||Administration For Children And Families||2012 CCDF||$1,774,861|
|Choctaw Nation Of Oklahoma||2011||Administration For Children And Families||2011 CCDF||$1,693,400|
|Choctaw Nation Of Oklahoma||2012||Administration For Children And Families||2012 FVPS||$1,675,967|
|Choctaw Nation Of Oklahoma||2012||Administration For Children And Families||2012 CCDF||$1,202,328|
Advisory Committees2 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of the Interior 2 people on 1 committee