Chicago Board of Trade
Coordinates: 41°52′40″N 87°37′56″W / 41.877821°N 87.632285°W / 41.877821; -87.632285
Campaign Finance$4,614,639 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Chicago Board of Trade
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Chicago Board of Trade $7,355,860
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Food Industry
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1566 Commodity Exchange Reauthorization Act of 2005 H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.2864 Water Resources Development Act of 2005 H.R.4473 CFTC Reauthorization Act of 2005 H.R.4626 CFTC Reauthorization Act of 2007 S.1054 Title I Integrity Act of 2005
RegulationsMentioned in 234 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Chicago Board of Trade" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Chicago Board of Trade
- Toggle 384 DOT Time Zone Boundaries in the State of Indiana 2005
- Toggle 25 FRA Environmental Review of Dakota Minnesota & Eastern Railroad Powder River Expansion Project Loan Application 2006
- Toggle 19 EPA Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Renewable Fuel Program 2005
- Toggle 18 EPA Notice of Receipt of a Request from the State of Texas for a Waiver of a Portion of the Renewable Fuel Standards 2008
- Toggle 5 EPA RFS Annual Rulemaking 2010
- Toggle 4 GIPSA Implementation of Regulations Required Under Title XI of the Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008; Conduct in Violation of the Act 2010
- Toggle 4 EPA Request for Comment on Letters Seeking a Waiver of the Renewable Fuel Standard 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Rule to Reduce Interstate Transport of Fine Particulate Matter and Ozone ;Clean Air Interstate Rule, (CAIR) 2003
- Toggle 3 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Utility Air Toxics; Clean Air Mercury Rule (CAMR) 2002
- Toggle 3 USDA Recently Posted USDA Rules and Notices. Unknown
Advisory Committees5 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Chicago Board of Trade" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Commodity Futures Trading Commission 5 people on 3 committees