Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX Euronext: CHTEX) is an American multinational energy corporation. Headquartered in San Ramon, California, and active in more than 180 countries, it is engaged in every aspect of the oil, gas, and geothermal energy industries, including exploration and production; refining, marketing and transport; chemicals manufacturing and sales; and power generation. Chevron is one of the world's six "supermajor" oil companies. For the past five years, Chevron has been continuously ranked as one of America's 5 largest corporations by Fortune 500.
Campaign Finance$70,342,526 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Chevron Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Chevron Corp $114,448,825 Unocal Corp $940,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Foreign Relations,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.531 Energy and Water Integration Act of 2009 S.967 Strategic Petroleum Reserve Modernization Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 S.807 SMART Energy Act H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.840 Safe Exploration Coming from Underwater Reserves of Energy Act H.R.903 Maximize Offshore Resource Exploration Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 293 dockets; Submitted to 29 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Chevron Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Chevron Corp
- Toggle 5 BOEM Deepwater Drilling Safety, Containment and Spill Response Meeting 2010
- Toggle 3 OSHA PROCESS SAFETY MANAGEMENT OF HIGHLY HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS 2006
- Toggle 2 OSHA CONFINED SPACES 2006
- Toggle 2 OSHA PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT 2006
- Toggle 2 OSHA HAZARDOUS WASTE OPERATIONS TRAINING ACCREDITATION 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT 2006
- Toggle 1 SEC Roadmap for the Potential Use of Financial Statements Prepared in Accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards by U.S. Issuers 2008
- Toggle 1 OSHA OCCUPANT PROTECTION IN MOTOR VEHICLES 2006
- Toggle 1 SEC Proposed Rule: Short-Term Borrowings Disclosure 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA HAZARDOUS WASTE OPERATIONS 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Chevron Corp
- Toggle 25 EPA Industrial Combustion Coordinated Rulemaking FACA 2004
- Toggle 23 EPA Technical Review of NSPS Subpart J 2007
- Toggle 11 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 10 EPA Equipment Leaks- Regulatory Negotiations 2004
- Toggle 10 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 9 EPA Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Renewable Fuel Program 2005
- Toggle 9 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 8 MMS OMM FR Docs 2007
- Toggle 8 BOEM Recently Posted BOEM Rules and Notices. 2011
- Toggle 7 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Organic Liquids Distribution (Non-Gasoline) 2003
Federal Spending9 contracts; 1 loan
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Chevron Corporation||2010||CONTRACTOR OWNED CONTRACTOR OPERATED (COCO) STORAGE||$16,360,034|
|Chevron Corporation||2007||COCO STORAGE||$13,088,027|
|Chevron Corporation||2011||CONTRACT AWARD FOR LO6 AND LTL LUBES.||$4,842,240|
|Chevron Corporation||2011||LUBRICATING OILS.||$4,375,211|
|Chevron Corporation||2010||LUBRICATING OILS||$4,170,720|
|Chevron||2007||Small Business Administration||TO AID SMALL BUSINESSES WHICH ARE UNABLE TO OBTAIN FINANCING IN THE PRIVATE CREDIT MARKETPLACE||$1,052,000|
EPA Violations30 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Operating Industries - 8th Partial Cd||Chevron Environmental Management Inc.||2002||Monterey Park, Ca||$340,000,000|
|Chevron, U.S.A., Inc. (Pascagoula Refinery) (National Case)||Chevron U.S.A., Inc.||2005||Pascagoula, Ms||$117,900,000|
|Chevron Usa Inc. (National Case)(Lead)||Chevron USA Inc.||2005||El Segundo, Ca; ...||$76,950,000|
|Chevron Products Company (National Case)||Chevron Products Company||2005||Salt Lake City, ...||$36,700,000|
|Chevron Usa Inc||Chevron Usa Inc||2006||Hooven, Oh||$25,806,932|
|Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, A Delaware Corporation||Chevron Phillips Chemical Company||2004||Pasadena, Tx||$3,571,000|
|Chevron Usa||Chevron USA, Inc.||2006||San Ramon, Ca||$2,013,216|
|Alliance Chemical Inc Et Al.||Chevron Environmental Mgmt Co obo Texaco Inc (+71 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$37,000,000|
|Mckin Superfund Site||Union Oil Co (+75 others)||2001||Gray, Me||$20,150,000|
|Alcan Corporation||Chevron Environmental Management Company (+81 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$13,150,000|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.