Cerberus Capital Management
Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. is one of the largest private equity investment firms in the United States. The firm is based in New York City, and run by 50-year-old financier Steve Feinberg. Former U.S. Vice President Dan Quayle has been a prominent Cerberus spokesperson and runs one of its international units.
Campaign Finance$2,809,464 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Cerberus Capital Management
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Cerberus Capital Management $6,400,000 Chrysler Group $5,847,782 DynCorp International $820,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Automotive Industry,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 H.R.5136 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 S.3454 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 H.R.1506 Fuel Economy Reform Act S.3800 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 H.R.698 Industrial Bank Holding Company Act of 2007 H.R.2927 S.1356 Industrial Bank Holding Company Act of 2007 S.3676 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related ProgramsAppropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Cerberus Capital Management" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Cerberus Capital Management
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval, Disapproval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan and Interstate Transport Plan; Interference with Visibility Requirement 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2009
- Toggle 1 FTC Proposed Consent Agreements: Grifols, S.A. and Talecris Biotherapeutics Holdings Corp. 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2008
- Toggle 1 FERC Combined Notice of Filings 2008
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Seating Systems; Occupant Crash Protection, Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages, School Bus Passenger Seating and Crash Protection 2007
- Toggle 1 EBSA PTE 2010-12 Involving Chrysler LLC (Application No. L-11566) 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Seating Systems, Occupant Crash Protection, Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages, School Bus Passenger Seating and Crash Protection 2008
- Toggle 1 DOT AC Cargo Limited Partnership d/b/a Air Canada Cargo - Exemption - United States-Canada 2004
Contractor Misconduct2 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Labor||None||EEOC v. Johnson Controls (Sexual Harassment)||2005||Settlement||$125,000|
|Environment||None||Inadequate Storage of Hazardous Waste||2006||Administrative Agreement||$27,800|