For information about the head portion in arthropod anatomy, see cephalon (arthropod head).
Campaign Finance$541,696 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Cephalon Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Cephalon Inc $9,446,969
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Law Enforcement & Crime
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.369 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act H.R.4 Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act of 2007 H.R.1432 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act H.R.1706 Protecting Consumer Access to Generic Drugs Act of 2009 H.R.3162 Children's Health and Medicare Protection Act of 2007 S.27 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act S.296 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act H.R.2642 Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.2795 Reasonable Rates for Veterans Act H.R.3610 Food and Drug Import Safety Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 32 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Cephalon Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Cephalon Inc
- Toggle 2 FDA Take the Following Actions: (1) Withdraw the Notice of Acceptance to File the Watson ANDA; (2) Reject the Watson ANDA; and (3) Require Watson, if it Wishes to Purse FDA Approval of its Multiple-Salt Product 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA FDA to Take the Actions With Respect to any Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) That References Cephalon Product FENTORA 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA International Conference on Harmonisation; Draft Guidance on Q11 Development and Manufacture of Drug Substances; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry Describing Product-Specific Bioequivalence Recommendations 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Guidance for Industry on Good Reprint Practices for the Distribution of Medical Journal Articles and Medical or Scientific Reference Publications on Unapproved New Uses of Approved Drugs and Approved or Cleared Medical Devices 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Cephalon Inc
- Toggle 6 FDA Take the Following Actions: (1) Withdraw the Notice of Acceptance to File the Watson ANDA; (2) Reject the Watson ANDA; and (3) Require Watson, if it Wishes to Purse FDA Approval of its Multiple-Salt Product 2010
- Toggle 4 FDA FDA to Take the Actions With Respect to any Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) That References Cephalon Product FENTORA 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Guidance for Industry on Good Reprint Practices for the Distribution of Medical Journal Articles and Medical or Scientific Reference Publications on Unapproved New Uses of Approved Drugs and Approved or Cleared Medical Devices 2008
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 2 CMS Prospective Payment System and Consolidated Billing for Skilled Nursing Facilities; Disclosures of Ownership and Additional Disclosable Parties Information 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Orphan Product Designations 1984
- Toggle 1 FDA ANDA Suitability Petition for Oral Transmucosal Fentanyl Citrate - CLOSED 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Promotion of FDA-Regulated Medical Products Using the Internet and Social Media Tools; Notice of Public Hearing 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Non-Inferiority Clinical Trials; Availability 2010
Advisory Committees2 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.