Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of CenturyLink
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount CenturyLink $2,630,000 Embarq Corp $940,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3675 Next Generation Television Marketplace Act S.978 Commercial Felony Streaming Act S.1207 Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011 S.2008 Next Generation Television Marketplace Act of 2011 H.R.2577 SAFE Data Act S.1647 A bill to repeal the sunset on the reduction of capital gains rates for individuals and on the taxation of dividends of individuals at capital gain rates. H.R.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012 H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012 H.R.4623 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to expand and make permanent rules related to investment by nonresident aliens in domestic mutual funds. S.158 Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 29 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "CenturyLink" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for CenturyLink
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for CenturyLink
- Toggle 5 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 2 FCC Connect America Fund; A National Broadband Plan for Our Future: Establishing Just and Reasonable Rates for Local Exchange Carriers; High-Cost Universal Service Support 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Regulatory Flexibility Act (RFA) Section 610 Review of NPDES Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines Standards for CAFOs 2012
- Toggle 1 FCC Video Description: Implementation of Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Early Terminations of Waiting Periods under Premerger Notification Rules 2011
- Toggle 1 FCC Support Amounts for Connect America Fund Phase One Incremental Support: Wireline Competition Bureau 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Improving Regulations: Compliance 2011
- Toggle 1 FCC Lifeline and Link Up Reform and Modernization: Advancing Broadband Availability Through Digital Literacy Training 2012
Advisory Committees4 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.