Center For American Progress
The Center for American Progress is a progressive public policy research and advocacy organization. Its website states that the organization is "dedicated to improving the lives of Americans through progressive ideas and action." It has its headquarters in Washington D.C.
Campaign Finance$287,978 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Center For American Progress
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Center for American Progress Action Fund $3,579,751 Center for American Progress $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Economics & Econ Development,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.5019 Home Star Energy Retrofit Act of 2010 H.R.5136 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 H.R.6078 Green Resources for Energy Efficient Neighborhoods Act of 2008 H.R.3130 Time for Innovation Matters in Education Act of 2009 H.R.4899 Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010 S.891 Congo Conflict Minerals Act of 2009 S.1410 Time for Innovation Matters in Education Act of 2009 H.R.2250 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 149 dockets; Submitted to 22 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Center For American Progress" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Center For American Progress
- Toggle 3 ED Race to the Top Fund -- Notice of Proposed Priorities, Requirements, Definitions, and Selection Criteria 2009
- Toggle 2 ED American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009; Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965; Part B, Section 611 of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act -- Notice of Proposed Adjustments to Statutory Caps on State Administration 2009
- Toggle 2 CFPB 2012 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) Mortgage Servicing Proposal 2012
- Toggle 1 Child Care and Development Fund Program 2013
- Toggle 1 ED School Improvement Grants -- Notice of Proposed Requirements 2009
- Toggle 1 Shared Responsibility Payment for Not Maintaining Minimum Essential Coverage 2013
- Toggle 1 ED Proposed priorities, requirements, definitions and selection criteria; Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF) program 2012
- Toggle 1 Request for Information Regarding an Initiative To Promote Student Loan Affordability 2013
- Toggle 1 ED Teacher Incentive Fund 2010
- Toggle 1 TREAS Public Input on Reform of the Housing Finance System 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Center For American Progress
- Toggle 19 Requests for Information: Nondiscrimination in Certain Health Programs or Activities 2013
- Toggle 15 Comments received by the U.S. State Department on the Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Keystone XL Project 2013
- Toggle 11 CMS Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan Program (CMS-9995-IFC2) 2012
- Toggle 10 CMS Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Programs, and Exchanges: Essential Health Benefits in Alternative Benefit Plans, Eligibility Notices, Fair Hearing and Appeal Processes for Medicaid and Exchange Eligibility Appeals and Other Provisions Related to Eligibility and Enrollment for Exchanges, Medicaid and CHIP, and Medicaid Premiums and Cost Sharing (CMS-2334-P) 2013
- Toggle 10 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards 2009
- Toggle 10 CMS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; Health Insurance Market Rules CMS-9972-P 2012
- Toggle 9 NHTSA Corporate Average Fuel Economy -- Model Years 2017-2025 2010
- Toggle 8 USCIS Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers of Inadmissibility for Certain Immediate Relatives 2012
- Toggle 8 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
- Toggle 8 Shared Responsibility Payment for Not Maintaining Minimum Essential Coverage 2013
Advisory Committees5 people on 6 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Center For American Progress" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Corporation for National and Community Service 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Education 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee