Cellular South is the largest privately-held wireless provider in the United States. Based in Ridgeland, Mississippi, it has approximately 900,000 customers in Mississippi, the Memphis Metropolitan Area, the Florida Panhandle, parts of Alabama including Mobile, and Rome, Georgia . The company also holds 700 MHz licenses covering most of Tennessee and Alabama, though it has not yet extended service to these areas. Cellular South is owned by the holding company Telapex, Inc., which also owns Telepak Networks, Inc., a provider of broadband internet and phone service, as well as several smaller Mississippi telecoms.
Campaign Finance$138,761 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Cellular South
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.700 Ending the Medicare Disability Waiting Period Act of 2009 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 14 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Cellular South" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Cellular South
- Toggle 2 FCC Service Rules for the 698-746, 747-762 and 777-792 MHz Bands; Revision of the Commissions Rules To Ensure Compatibility With Enhanced 911 Emergency Calling Systems; Hearing Aid-Compatible Telephones 2006
- Toggle 1 FCC In the Matter of Recommendations of the Independent Panel Reviewing the Impact of Hurricane Katrina on Communications Networks 2006
- Toggle 1 FCC Reexamination of Roaming Obligations of Commercial Mobile Radio Service Providers, etc. 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 1 FCC Unlicensed Operation in the TV Broadcast Band 2012
- Toggle 1 FCC Wireless Telecommunications Bureau Seeks Comment on Petition for Rulemaking Regarding 700 MHz Band Mobile Equipment Design and Procurement Practices 2010
- Toggle 1 FRS Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals: Announcement of Board Approval Under Delegated Authority and Submission to OMB; Correction 2010
- Toggle 1 FCC Joint Petition for Reconsideration of a High-Cost Universal Service Order: Cellular South Licenses, Inc. and United States Cellular Corp. 2011
- Toggle 1 Promoting Interoperability in the 700 MHz Commercial Spectrum: Requests for Waivers and Extension of Lower 700 MHz Band Interim Construction Benchmark Deadlines 2013
- Toggle 1 EPA Effluent Limitations Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Concentrated Aquatic Animal Production Point Source Category 2002