CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS, NYSE: CBSA) is an American media conglomerate focused on broadcasting, publishing, billboards, and television production, with most of its operations in the United States. The President and CEO of the company is Leslie Moonves. Sumner Redstone, owner of National Amusements, is CBS's majority shareholder & serves as Chairman. The company began trading on the NYSE on January 3, 2006. Until then, the corporation was known as Viacom, and is the legal successor to said company. A new company, keeping the Viacom name was spun off from CBS. CBS, not Viacom, retains control of the partial and total over-the-air television & radio broadcasting, TV production & distribution , publishing, pay-cable, recording, and outdoor advertising assets formerly owned by the larger company. CBS has its headquarters in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
Campaign Finance$455,521 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of CBS Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount CBS Corp $8,650,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Government Issues,
- Media Information & Publishing,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.28 Public Safety Spectrum and Wireless Innovation Act S.911 SPECTRUM Act H.R.611 BEST PRACTICES Act H.R.1528 Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 H.R.1841 Data Accountability and Trust Act (DATA) of 2011 H.R.607 Broadband for First Responders Act of 2011 S.415 Spectrum Optimization Act S.455 RADIOS Act S.968 PIPA S.978 Commercial Felony Streaming Act
RegulationsMentioned in 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "CBS Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for CBS Corp
- Toggle 1 USCG Availability of Draft Environmental Assessment for the Proposed Modification of the Bayonne Bridge 2012
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations; Terminations, Modifications and Rulings, etc.: Certain Devices with Secure Communication Capabilities, etc. 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Furnaces and Residential Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps (Cross Reference Res Furn and Res CAC, EERE-2008-BT-STD-0006 & EERE-2009-BT-STD-0022) 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA State of Tennessee; Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program Primacy 2011
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.