Campaign Finance$10,541,183 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Caterpillar Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Caterpillar Inc $34,902,862
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.422 (Unknown) H.R.1509 (Unknown) H.R.2138 Investment in America Act of 2007 H.R.913 Free and Fair Trade Act of 2011 S.41 Research Competitiveness Act of 2007 S.433 Free and Fair Trade Act of 2011 S.1203 Grow Research Opportunities With Taxcredits' Help Act S.940 (Unknown) H.R.1023 (Unknown) H.R.3996 Temporary Tax Relief Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 331 dockets; Submitted to 41 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Caterpillar Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Caterpillar Inc
- Toggle 3 USTR Request for Comments on Mexico’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 2 OSHA ERGONOMICS 2006
- Toggle 2 USTR Request for Comments on Canada’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Facilitating Shareholder Director Nominations 2009
- Toggle 2 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Colombia 2009
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009
- Toggle 1 OSHA POWERED INDUSTRIAL TRUCKS 2006
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2009
- Toggle 1 OSM Stream Buffer Zone and Related Rules 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Caterpillar Inc
- Toggle 42 EPA Diesel Engine Settlement 2003
- Toggle 35 EPA Industrial Combustion Coordinated Rulemaking FACA 2004
- Toggle 13 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions: Hard and Decorative Chromium Electroplating and Chromium Anodizing Tanks; Group I Polymers and Resins; Marine Tank Vessel Loading Operations; Pharmaceuticals Production; The Printing and Publishing Industry; and Steel Pickling--HCl Process Facilities and Hydrochloric Acid Regeneration Plants 2010
- Toggle 13 EPA Standards of Performance for Stationary Compression Ignition Internal Combustion Engines 2005
- Toggle 12 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 11 EPA Control of Emissions from New Locomotive Engines and New Marine Compression-ignition Engines less than 30-liters per Cylinder 2003
- Toggle 10 EPA NESHAP for Existing Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines 2008
- Toggle 9 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Stationary Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines 2002
- Toggle 8 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 8 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
Combat Vehicle and Automotive Advanced Technology -- High Speed Diesel Combustion
Federal Spending29 grants; 473 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Caterpillar Inc.||2012||FEBRUARY 2012 - COMBINED ALL CALL ORDERS TO CATERPILLAR INC.||$163,600,689|
|Caterpillar Inc.||2011||SCRAPER (U.S. ARMY)||$56,078,520|
|Caterpillar Inc.||2010||TYPE I T-9 DOZER W/TYPE A KIT; TYPE II T-9 DOZER W/TYPE A KIT||$49,833,457|
|Caterpillar Inc.||2011||ORDER 90 EACH TYPE I AND 90 EACH TYPE II T9 DOZERS.||$47,710,800|
|Caterpillar Inc.||2009||MOTORIZED GRADER WITH A-KITS AND NEW EQUIPMENT TRAINING||$45,680,359|
|Caterpillar Inc.||2012||DELIVERY ORDER FOR TYPE I T-9 DOZERS AND TYPE II T-9 DOZERS.||$43,469,840|
|Caterpillar Inc.||2011||SCRAPER (U.S. ARMY)||$42,058,890|
|Caterpillar Inc.||2011||1. THE PURPOSE OF DELIVERY ORDER 0021, TO CONTRACT W56HZV-08-D-0037, IS TO: A) ADD 172EA MOTORIZED GRADERS W/TYPE A KIT UNDER CLIN 0400AA, UNIT PRICE OF $218,926.79EA, TOTAL PRICE OF THE CLIN $37,655,407.88 B) ADD 10DA 'CONTRACTOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE - CONUS', UNIT PRICE OF $1,243.00, TOTAL PRICE OF THE CLIN $12,430.00||$37,667,838|
|Caterpillar Inc.||2010||CATERPILLAR TRACK TYPE TRACTOR BULLDOZERS||$37,028,866|
|Caterpillar Inc.||2010||PURCHASING 160EA GRADERS UNDER CLIN 0300AA, AT A TOTAL DOLLAR VALUE OF $34,006,324.80.||$34,006,325|
EPA Violations5 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Caterpillar||Caterpillar, Inc.||2011||Peoria, Il||$2,040,001|
|Casmalia - De Minimis Aoc||Caterpillar Inc. (+191 others)||2004||Casmalia, Ca||$11,900,000|
|Muskego Sanitary Landfill (Cercla) Consent Decree||Caterpillar, Inc. (+38 others)||2011||Muskego, Wi||$6,235,000|
|Constitution Road Drum Site||Caterpillar, Inc. (+102 others)||2006||Atlanta, Ga||$2,072,339|
|Pcb Treatment, Inc.||Caterpillar Incorporated (+381 others)||2004||Kansas City, Ks; ...||$1,916,377|
Advisory Committees37 people on 34 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Caterpillar Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 9 people on 12 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 11 people on 7 committees
- Toggle Department of State 6 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Export-Import Bank of the United States 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Labor 1 person on 1 committee