Carfax, Inc. is a commercial web-based service that supplies vehicle history reports to individuals and businesses on used cars and light trucks for the American and Canadian marketplaces.
Campaign Finance$4,480 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Carfax
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Carfax $145,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Automotive Industry,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Consumer Product Safety
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012 S.1449 Mariah's Act
RegulationsMentioned in 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Carfax" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Carfax
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Early Warning Reporting, Foreign Defect Reporting, and Motor Vehicle and Equipment Recall Regulations 2012
- Toggle 2 FWS Request for Information and Recommendations on Resolutions, Decisions, and Agenda Items for Consideration at the Sixteenth Regular Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora 2011
- Toggle 2 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Scope, Methods, and Data Sources for Conducting Study of Pre-Dispute Arbitration Agreements 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Threatened Status for the Distinct Population Segment of the North American Wolverine Occurring in the Continguous United States 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Non-Federal Oil and Gas Development Within the National Wildlife Refuge System 2012
- Toggle 1 NOAA Listing Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List Alewife and Blueback Herring as Threatened Under the Endangered Species Act 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Emergency Petition Seeking Suspension of Registration for Clothianidin 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Odometer Disclosure Requirements State of Florida 2011