Caremark Pharmacy Services is the prescription benefit management subsidiary of CVS Caremark Corporation, headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee.
Campaign Finance$1,298,184 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Caremark RX
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Caremark RX $2,313,293
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5166 Independent Pharmacy Protection Act of 2006 H.R.5182 Fair and Speedy Treatment (FAST) of Medicare Prescription Drug Claims Act of 2006 S.2551 Prompt Payment of Health Benefits Claims Act of 2006 S.2563 Pharmacist Access and Recognition in Medicare (PHARM) Act of 2006 S.2665 Medicare Prescription Drug Simplification Act of 2006 H.R.412 Western Reserve Heritage Areas Study Act H.R.1671 Community Pharmacy Fairness Act of 2005 H.R.3074 Quality Health Care Coalition Act of 2005 H.R.3997 Financial Data Protection Act of 2005 H.R.4157 Health Information Technology Promotion Act of 2005
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Caremark RX" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Caremark RX
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to the Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Benefit Programs 2008
- Toggle 1 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Part D Data 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicaid Prescription Drugs Average Manufacture Price 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Contract Determinations, Appeals, and Intermediate Sanctions Processes (Compliance Rule) 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Part B - Competitive Acquisition of Outpatient Drugs and Biologicals 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Policy and Technical Changes to the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit for Contract Year 2009 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Applications for FDA Approval to Market a New Drug 2002