Canadian National Railway
The Canadian National Railway Company (reporting mark CN) (TSX: CNR, NYSE: CNI) is a Canadian Class I railway headquartered in Montreal, Quebec.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Canadian National Railway
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Canadian National Railway $4,230,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Homeland Security,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.30 Taking Responsible Action for Community Safety Act H.R.721 Short Line Railroad Rehabilitation and Investment Act of 2011 S.49 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2011 S.158 Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 2011 S.672 Short Line Railroad Rehabilitation and Investment Act of 2011 H.R.304 To amend the limitation on liability for certain passenger rail accidents or incidents under section 28103 of title 49, United States Code, and for other purposes. H.R.1122 Freight FOCUS Act of 2011 S.301 A bill to amend title 49, United States Code, to make technical and minor modifications to the positive train control requirements under chapter 201. H.R.801 Truck Weight Uniformity Act of 2011 S.371 Focusing Resources, Economic Investment, and Guidance to Help Transportation Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 66 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Canadian National Railway" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Canadian National Railway
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Canadian National Railway
- Toggle 8 FRA Railroad Freight Car Safety Standards - Waiver Petition 2011
- Toggle 5 FRA Canadian National Railway Company - Waiver Petition 2011
- Toggle 3 FRA Elgin, Joliet and Eastern Railway Company/Canadian National Railway - Block Signal Application 2011
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 2 FRA Track Safety Standards; Improvements to Inspections 2011
- Toggle 2 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA Boeing; Final Special Conditions, Request for Comment; Model 777F; Enhanced Flight Vision System; No. 25-462-SC. 2012
- Toggle 1 USCG Safety Zone: Elgin, Joliet, and Eastern Railroad Drawbridge Closure 2011
- Toggle 1 FEMA Proposed Flood Elevation Determinations (Proposed Rule, Part 67); Changes in Flood Elevation Determinations (Interim Rule, Part 65); Final Flood Elevation Determinations (Final Rule, Part 67); Changes in Flood Elevation Determinations (Final Rule, Part 65); Flood Elevation Determination (Correction) ; Suspension of Community Eligibility (Final Rule) 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Requests for Early Termination of Waiting Period under Premerger Notification Rules 2011
Advisory Committees3 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Canadian National Railway" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Surface Transportation Board 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee