Canadian National Railway
The Canadian National Railway Company (reporting mark CN) (TSX: CNR, NYSE: CNI) is a Canadian Class I railway headquartered in Montreal, Quebec.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Canadian National Railway
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Canadian National Railway $3,799,980
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Homeland Security,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Roads & Highways,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.272 Freight Rail Infrastructure Capacity Expansion Act of 2009 H.R.1806 Freight Rail Infrastructure Capacity Expansion Act of 2009 H.R.233 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.1132 (Unknown) H.R.1789 Comprehensive Rail Infrastructure Investment Act of 2009 S.146 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 S.461 (Unknown) H.R.693 (Unknown) H.R.2125 Surface Transportation Safety Act of 2009 H.R.3617 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 97 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Canadian National Railway" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Canadian National Railway
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Canadian National Railway
- Toggle 26 FRA Canadian National Railway Company, UTU, BLE&T - Waiver Petition 2009
- Toggle 11 FRA Canadian National Railroad - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
- Toggle 9 FRA BNSF Railway Company - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
- Toggle 7 FRA Canadian National Railway Company, UTU, BLE&T – Pilot Project 2009
- Toggle 6 FRA Conductor Certification 2009
- Toggle 5 FRA Canadian National Railway Company – Block Signal Application 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles 2010
- Toggle 4 FRA Union Pacific Railroad - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
- Toggle 4 FRA Federal Railroad Administration - Notifications 2009
- Toggle 4 FRA Canadian Pacific Railroad - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Canadian National Railway Company||2009||U.S. Coast Guard||TAS::70 0618::TAS REPLACE EXISTING VERTICAL LIFT BRIDGE WITH ANOTHER AND WIDER VERTICAL LIFT BRIDGE PROVIDING 300 FT HORIZONTAL CLEARANCE OF THE ELGIN, JOLIET, & EASTERN BRIDGE (EJ&E) OVER ILLINOIS WATERWAY, MILE 270.6||$30,037,955|
Advisory Committees4 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Canadian National Railway" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Surface Transportation Board 3 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee