California Healthcare Institute
CHI-California Healthcare Institute is a private, non-profit public policy research and advocacy organization, representing more than 250 universities, academic research centers, biotechnology and medical device companies. Founded in 1993, and based in La Jolla, California, CHI has offices in Washington, D.C., and Sacramento, California. CHI publishes an annual California Biomedical Industry report, providing data on the scope and scale of academic and commercial life sciences research and development within the state. In 2008 , the industry employed more than 270,000 Californians and produced revenues in excess of $75 billion.
Campaign Finance$224,204 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of California Healthcare Institute
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount California Healthcare Institute $1,180,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.436 Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011 H.R.2182 Generating Antibiotic Incentives Now Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.17 Medical Device Access and Innovation Protection Act H.R.2405 Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.2632 Life Sciences Jobs and Investment Act of 2011 H.R.3203 Novel Device Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 H.R.3204 Guidance Accountability and Transparency Act of 2011 H.R.3206 Cultivating Scientific Expertise to Foster Innovation for Patients Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "California Healthcare Institute" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for California Healthcare Institute
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for California Healthcare Institute
- Toggle 3 FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health 510(k) Clearance Process; Institute of Medicine Report: “Medical Devices and the Public’s Health, The FDA 510(k) Clearance Process at 35 Years;” Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Town Hall Discussion with the Director of the Center for Devices and Radiological Health and Other Senior Center Management 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Effective Date of Requirement for Premarket Approval for Shortwave Diathermy for All Other Uses 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Periodic Review of Existing Regulations; Retrospective Review Under Executive Order 13563 2011