Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) is an American cable television company. It is the 8th largest cable provider in the USA, with most customers residing in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and parts of Pennsylvania. Cablevision also offers high-speed Internet connections (Optimum Online), as well as digital cable (iO), and VoIP phone service (Optimum Voice) through its Optimum brand name.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Cablevision Systems
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2669 Better Oversight of Secondary Sales and Accountability in Concert Ticketing Act of 2009 H.R.3101 Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 S.773 Cybersecurity Act of 2009 S.3304 Equal Access to 21st Century Communications Act S.3480 Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act of 2010 H.R.2994 Satellite Home Viewer Reauthorization Act H.R.2221 Data Accountability and Trust Act H.R.3570 Satellite Home Viewer Update and Reauthorization Act of 2009 H.R.5548 Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act of 2010 H.R.5777 Building Effective Strategies To Promote Responsibility Accountability Choice Transparency Innovation Consumer Expectations and Safeguards Act
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Cablevision Systems" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Cablevision Systems
- Toggle 1 FAA New York North Shore Route 2010
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of Waiting Period Under Premerger Notification Rules 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT 2010 U.S.-Haneda Combination Services Allocation Proceedings 2010
- Toggle 1 FCC The Tennis Channel, Inc. v. Comcast Cable Communications, LLC 2010
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations: Hand Trucks and Certain Parts from China 2010
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations: Glyphosate from China 2010
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations: Certain Digital Set-Top Boxes and Components 2010