Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp
Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation is the parent company of the BNSF Railway (formerly the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway).
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Harry Reid $27,500
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Trucking & Shipping
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.233 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 S.146 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.5850 Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2011 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.3644 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 S.2889 Surface Transportation Board Reauthorization Act of 2009 H.R.3616 Federal Exploration and Production Reform Act of 2009 H.R.1650 Troubled Asset Relief Program Enhancement Act H.R.2116 Fiscal Honesty and Accountability Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 35 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp
- Toggle 7 FRA BNSF Railway Company - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
- Toggle 4 FRA North County Transit District - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
- Toggle 3 FRA New Mexico Rail Runner Express - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
- Toggle 3 FRA Canadian National Railroad - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
- Toggle 2 FWS Migratory Bird Hunting Regulations for the 2010-11 Season 2010
- Toggle 2 FRA Minnesota Commercial Railway (MNNR) - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
- Toggle 2 FRA BNSF Railway Company and Ferrocarril Mexican Railway Company - Waiver Petition 2010
- Toggle 2 COE Environmental Impact Statement for the Elliott Bay Seawall Project, Seattle, WA 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Supplemental Guidance for SIP Submissions to Meet the Requirements for Section 110(a)(1) of the CAA for the SO2 NAAQS 2010
- Toggle 1 IRS Section 2036- Graduated Retained Interests 2009
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee