Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp
Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation is the parent company of the BNSF Railway (formerly the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway).
Campaign Finance$20,218,117 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Harry Reid $27,500
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp $21,569,800
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.233 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 S.146 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.1650 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2008 S.772 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2007 H.R.2125 Railroad Competition and Service Improvement Act of 2007 S.953 Railroad Competition and Service Improvement Act of 2007 H.R.2116 Freight Rail Infrastructure Capacity Expansion Act of 2007 H.R.2095 Federal Railroad Safety Improvement Act of 2007 S.1125 Freight Rail Infrastructure Capacity Expansion Act of 2007 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 201 dockets; Submitted to 17 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp
- Toggle 3 FRA BNSF Railway - Waiver Petition 2007
- Toggle 2 FRA Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation - Waiver Petition 2006
- Toggle 2 FRA Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway - Waiver Petition 2002
- Toggle 2 FRA Part - 209 - Railroad Safety Enforcement Procedures - BNSF; Request for Confidential Treatment 2006
- Toggle 1 FRA Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway - Waiver Petition 2003
- Toggle 1 FRA Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway - Waiver Petition 2002
- Toggle 1 FRA Wabtec Railway Electronics - Waiver Petition 2001
- Toggle 1 FRA Burlington Northern Santa Fe - Request for Administrative Hearing 2004
- Toggle 1 FRA Burlington Northern Sante Fe - Waiver Petition 2004
- Toggle 1 FRA Federal Railroad Administration - Notice of Informal Safety Inquiry Technical Conference 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp
- Toggle 38 FRA Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway - Waiver Petition 2003
- Toggle 28 FRA Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation - Waiver Petition 2006
- Toggle 27 FRA Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway - Waiver Petition 2002
- Toggle 17 FRA City of Seattle Washington & Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway - Waiver Petition 2008
- Toggle 10 FRA Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway - Waiver Petition 2008
- Toggle 9 FRA City of Placentia, CA & Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway - Waiver Petition 2006
- Toggle 9 FRA Federal Railroad Administration - 2008 Emergency Relief Docket 2008
- Toggle 8 FRA Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway - Locomotive Engineer Certification Hearing 1999
- Toggle 8 FRA Burlington Northern Santa Fe - Waiver Petition(SA and PB) 1999
- Toggle 8 FRA Burlington Northern Sante Fe - Waiver Petition - (LI) 1999
EPA Violations4 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Burlington Northern And Sante Fe Railway||Burlington Northern And Santa Fe||2005||Albuquerque, Nm||$64,325,000|
|Libby Asbestos Site||Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company||2003||Libby, Mt||$3,647,000|
|Armour Road Npl Site; U.S. Borax, Inc||Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway Company (+4 others)||2006||North Kansas City, ...||$6,900,000|
|Container Recycling||Burlington Northern And Sante Fe Railway Company (+134 others)||2004||Kansas City, Ks||$1,404,829|
Advisory Committees4 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 2 people on 1 committee