Brownstein, Hyatt et al
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck LLP is a national law firm based in Denver, Colo. with 250 attorneys and policy consultants in offices across the western U.S. and in Washington, D.C. Brownstein practices in the broad categories of corporate and business, government relations and public policy, litigation, natural resources and real estate, including industries ranging from real estate, hospitality, energy and private equity to telecommunications, technology, construction, banking and finance, water and gaming.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount National Republican Senatorial Cmte R. James Nicholson $563,300 Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte Alfred Mottur $40,775 Sander Levin Norman Brownstein $19,650 Charles E. Schumer Carmencita Whonder $18,200
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Brownstein, Hyatt et al
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Apollo Management $3,700,000 Lennar Corp $1,350,000 Cltn to Reform the FIRPTA of 1980 $1,150,000 National Cable & Telecommunications Assn $960,000 Bion Environmental Technologies $860,000 Affinion Group $840,000 Global Crossing Development Corp $790,000 Rentech Inc $760,000 Electronic Payments Coalition $740,000 Skyterra Communications $740,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.1935 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 S.344 Hedge Fund Transparency Act H.R.3126 Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009 H.R.711 Hedge Fund Adviser Registration Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Nov. 14, 2013 Wynn Resorts, Limited Foreign investment issue before the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission View registration Oct. 31, 2013 McGraw Hill Financial Dodd-Frank financial reform implementation View registration Oct. 21, 2013 Alcatel-Lucent Submarine Networks Efforts related to a 404 permit and Endangered Species Act compliance in Puerto Rico and other U.S. jurisdictions View registration Oct. 10, 2013 Reed Elsevier Inc. Issues related to scientific, technical, and medical publications View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Brownstein, Hyatt et al" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Brownstein, Hyatt et al
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Brownstein, Hyatt et al
- Toggle 3 FWS Revised Critical Habitat for the Santa Ana Sucker (Catastomus santaanae) 2009
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program: Test Procedure for Televisions; Request for Information and Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 CPSC Jake’s Fireworks, Inc., Far East Imports, Inc., Wholesale Fireworks Enterprises LLC, Pacific Northwest Fireworks, Inc., Provisional Acceptance of a Settlement Agreement and Order 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA North Dakota Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Requirements and Procedures for Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save Program Final Rule 2009