Brown & Williamson Tobacco
Campaign Finance$5,214,336 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Brown & Williamson Tobacco
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Brown & Williamson Tobacco $32,202,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 S.1567
RegulationsMentioned in 110 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Brown & Williamson Tobacco" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Brown & Williamson Tobacco
- Toggle 11 DOT Policy Statement Regarding Unfair Exclusionary Practices - Statement of Enforcement Policy Regarding Unfair Exclusionary Conduct 1998
- Toggle 6 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Dietary Supplements 1996
- Toggle 5 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 5 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 4 EPA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Greenhouse Gases Under the Clean Air Act 2008
- Toggle 3 EPA Final Rule To Implement the 8-Hour Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standard 2003
- Toggle 3 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 2 MARAD Vessel Documentation: Lease Financing for Vessels Engaged in the Coastwise Trade; Second Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 2 DOT TACA International Airlines, S. A. - Complaint against Continental Airlines, Inc. 1999