Boyd Gaming Corporation (NYSE: BYD) is a Paradise, Nevada based business engaged in the development, ownership and operation of hotels and casinos throughout the United States. The company continues to be run by founder Sam Boyd's family under the management of Sam's son, Bill Boyd (born 1931), who currently serves as the company's executive chairman after retiring as CEO in January 2008.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Boyd Gaming
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Boyd Gaming $420,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Gaming, Gambling & Casinos,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1174 Internet Gambling Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act H.R.2366 Internet Gambling Prohibition, Poker Consumer Protection, and Strengthening UIGEA Act of 2011 H.R.1234 To amend the Act of June 18, 1934, to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian tribes. S.676 A bill to amend the Act of June 18, 1934, to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian tribes. S.771 Tribal Gaming Eligibility Act S.1424 Off-Reservation Land Acquisition Guidance Act
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Boyd Gaming" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Boyd Gaming
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Boyd Gaming
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA NV: Clark County, Nevada 1997 8-hour O3 redesignatinon 2012
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Certain Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Commercial Heating, Air Conditioning, and Water-Heating Equipment 2011
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Grant of Requests for Early Termination of Waiting Period Under Premerger Notification Rules 2011