Boston Scientific Corp
The Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) (abbreviated BSC), is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical devices whose products are used in a range of interventional medical specialties, including interventional cardiology, peripheral interventions, neuromodulation, neurovascular intervention, electrophysiology, cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, endoscopy, oncology, urology and gynecology.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Boston Scientific Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Boston Scientific Corp $3,060,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.436 Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011 S.17 Medical Device Access and Innovation Protection Act H.R.488 Save Our Medical Devices Act of 2011 H.R.734 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the medical device tax, and for other purposes. S.262 A bill to repeal the excise tax on medical device manufacturers. H.R.675 Strengthening Medicare Anti-Fraud Measures Act of 2011 S.454 Strengthening Program Integrity and Accountability in Health Care Act of 2011 H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 S.239 Innovate America Act S.716 Innovation Inspiration School Grant Program Act
RegulationsMentioned in 91 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Boston Scientific Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Boston Scientific Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Boston Scientific Corp
- Toggle 4 FDA Unique Device Identification System; Proposed Rule 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment; Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program; Physician Self-Referral; and Provider Agreement Regulations on Patient Notification Requirements 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA To Immediately Withdraw Approval of the Humanitarian Device Exemption (HDE) Application for the Wingspan Stent System With Gateway PTA Balloon Catheter 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Abbott Vascular, Premarket Approval of XIENCE nano™ Everolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System and PROMUS™ Everolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System, P070015/S054; Approved 5/24/11 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment Systems and Quality Reporting Programs; Electronic Reporting Pilot; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Quality Reporting Program; Quality Improvement Organization Regulations 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Boston Scientific Corporation, Premarket Approval of Cognis CRT-D; Livian CRT-D and Contack Renewal 3 RF HE CRT-D, P010012/S230 Approved 9/16/10 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Boston Scientific Corp. ION™ Paclitaxel-Eluting Coronary Stent System (Monorail and Over-the-Wire Systems)P100023; Approved 4/22/11 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Boston Scientific Corporation; Premarket Approval of PROMUS® Element™ Plus Everolimus-Eluting Platinum Chromium Coronary Stent System (Monorail™ and Over-The-Wire) P110010/S001, Approved 6/1/12 2012
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Boston Scientific Corporation||2011||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||EXPRESS REPORT FOR PROSTHETICS VA MEDICAL CENTERS IN VISN 12 537-1Q0039 537-1Q0041 537-1Q0113 537-1Q0819 537-1Q0821 537-1Q0824 537-1Q0958 537-1Q1112 537-1Q1211 537-1Q1320 537-1Q1321 537-1Q1654 537-1Q2014 537-1Q2016 537-Q10536 537-Q10560 537-Q10795 537-Q10991 537-Q10992 537-Q11209 537-Q11249 537-Q11988 537-Q11993 537-Q11994 537-Q12520 537-Q12521 537-Q12630 537-Q12778 537-Q12795 537-Q12803 537-Q12955 537-Q13076 537-Q13478 537-Q13947 537-Q13948 537-Q14196 537-Q14314 537-Q14335 537-Q15030 537-Q15676 537-Q15699 537-Q15800 537-Q16080 537-Q16131 537-Q16157 537-Q16266 537-Q16311 537-Q16500 537-Q16556 537-Q17010 537-Q17157 537-Q17390 537-Q17650 537-Q17657 537-Q17663 537-Q17664 537-Q17859 537-Q18081 537-Q18083 537-Q18095 537-Q18678 537-Q19036 537-Q19151 537-Q19315 537-Q19337 537-Q19720 578-Q16458 607-Q10018 607-Q10133 607-Q10318 607-Q10338 607-Q10352 607-Q10743 607-Q10814 607-Q10815 607-Q10816 607-Q10817 607-Q10948 607-Q11083 607-Q11247 607-Q11252 607-Q11427 607-Q11594 607-Q11670 607-Q11678 607-Q11679 607-Q11709 607-Q11725 607-Q11973 607-Q12018 607-Q12191 607-Q12268 607-Q12447 607-Q12632 607-Q12633 607-Q12673 607-Q12675 607-Q12677 607-Q12692 607-Q12725 607-Q12737 607-Q12739 607-Q12742 607-Q12874 607-Q12905 607-Q12910 607-Q13116 607-Q13117 607-Q13483 607-Q13701 607-Q13943 607-Q13967 607-Q13968 607-Q13970 607-Q14042 607-Q14110 607-Q14154 607-Q14177 607-Q14261 607-Q14602 607-Q14624 607-Q14636 607-Q14868 607-Q14890 607-Q14994 607-Q15244 607-Q15251 607-Q15299 607-Q15374 607-Q15444 607-Q15632 607-Q15740 607-Q15742 607-Q15798 607-Q15809 607-Q15858 607-Q16228 607-Q16230 607-Q16368 607-Q16369 607-Q16370 607-Q16491 607-Q16692 607-Q16703 607-Q16723 607-Q16775 607-Q16808 607-Q17092 607-Q17093 607-Q17299 607-Q17404 607-Q17555 607-Q17983 607-Q18258 607-Q18341 607-Q18550 607-Q18552 607-Q18690 695-1Q2974 695-1Q3544 695-1Q3933 695-1Q4689 695-1Q6104 695-1Q6335 695-1Q7655 695-1Q7665 695-1Q9569 695-1Q9622 695-Q10410 695-Q10636 695-Q10890 695-Q10981 695-Q11528 695-Q11696 695-Q12486 695-Q12566 695-Q12847 695-Q12933 695-Q13309 695-Q16198 695-Q18224 695-Q18966 695-Q19245||$1,387,888|