Boston College (BC) is a private Roman Catholic Jesuit research university located in the village of Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, USA. The main campus is bisected by the border between the cities of Boston and Newton. It has 9,200 full-time undergraduates and 4,000 graduate students. Its name reflects its early history as a liberal arts college and preparatory school in Boston's South End. It is a member of the 568 Group and the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities. Its main campus is a historic district and features some of the earliest examples of collegiate gothic architecture in North America.
Campaign Finance$183,194 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Boston College
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5857 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2013 S.3241 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 45 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Boston College" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Boston College
- Toggle 1 NOAA Notice; receipt of application for a permit to import marine mammals for public display purposes (File No. 17324) 2012
- Toggle 1 OPM Excepted Service, Career and Career-Conditional Employment; and Pathways Programs 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Periodic Review of Existing Regulations; Retrospective Review Under Executive Order 13563 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Boston College
- Toggle 4 WHD Application of the Fair Labor Standards Act to Domestic Service 2011
- Toggle 4 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 3 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Private Education Loans and Private Educational Lenders 2011
- Toggle 2 ED National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) 2014-16 System Clearance 2012
- Toggle 2 USCIS Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers of Inadmissibility for Certain Immediate Relatives 2012
- Toggle 2 DOJ Reducing Regulatory Burden; Retrospective Review Under E.O. 13563 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; Health Insurance Market Rules CMS-9972-P 2012
Federal Spending1 grant
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Boston College||2012||National Institutes Of Health||ROBUST SOFTWARE TOOLS FOR VARIANT IDENTIFICATION AND FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT||$1,010,000|
Advisory Committees15 people on 13 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Boston College" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 13 people on 11 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Small Business Administration 1 person on 1 committee