Boston College (BC) is a private Roman Catholic Jesuit research university located in the village of Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, USA. The main campus is bisected by the border between the cities of Boston and Newton. It has 9,200 full-time undergraduates and 4,000 graduate students. Its name reflects its early history as a liberal arts college and preparatory school in Boston's South End. It is a member of the 568 Group and the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities. Its main campus is a historic district and features some of the earliest examples of collegiate gothic architecture in North America.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$626,974 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Boston College
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Foreign Relations,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5857 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2013 S.3241 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.2641 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.2764 Executive Office of the President Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.5386 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.5522 Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.5576 Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development, the Judiciary, the District of Columbia and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 S.1751 Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act, 2008 S.3708 Department of Education Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 290 dockets; Submitted to 22 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Boston College" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Boston College
- Toggle 2 ED Program Integrity Issues--Title IV, Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended--34 CFR Part 600, 602, 603, 668, 682, 685, 686, 690, and 691 2010
- Toggle 1 IRS Designation of Person Under Section 3504 2013
- Toggle 1 OSHA EXPLOSIVES 2007
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on: Study on Mark-to-Market Accounting 2008
- Toggle 1 FNS Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: Suspension of SNAP Benefit Payments to Retailers 2013
- Toggle 1 ED Teacher Preparation Issues 2014
- Toggle 1 NOAA Notice; receipt of application for a permit to import marine mammals for public display purposes (File No. 17324) 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM AD71 Renewable Energy Alternate Uses of Existing Facilities on the Outer Continental Shelf - Acquire a Lease Noncompetitievely 2010
- Toggle 1 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Proxy Disclosure and Solicitation Enhancements 2009
- Toggle 1 ED Race to the Top Fund -- Notice of Proposed Priorities, Requirements, Definitions, and Selection Criteria 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Boston College
- Toggle 33 EPA Project XL Site-Specific Rulemaking for University Laboratories at the University of Massachusetts Boston, Boston, Massachusetts; Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts; and the University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont; Proposed Rule 1999
- Toggle 9 SSA Amendments to Withdrawals of Applications and Voluntary Suspension of Benefits 2009
- Toggle 8 EPA Standards of Performance for Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Existing Sources: Electric Utility Generating Units 2013
- Toggle 8 EPA Standards Applicable to Generators of Hazardous Waste; Subpart K- Standards Applicable to Academic Laboratories 2003
- Toggle 7 EBSA Request for Information Regarding Lifetime Income Options for Participants and Beneficiaries in Retirement Plans 2010
- Toggle 5 EPA Proposed Endangerment Finding for Greenhouse Gases under the Clean Air Act (CAA) 2009
- Toggle 5 ED Teacher Preparation Issues 2014
- Toggle 5 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
- Toggle 5 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Proxy Disclosure and Solicitation Enhancements 2009
- Toggle 5 USC Proposed Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 2013
Federal Spending13 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Boston College||2007||Social Security Administration||BOSTON COLLEGE & AFFILIATED INSTITUTIONS: RETIREMENT RESEARCH CENTER||$2,468,887|
|Boston College||2001||Social Security Administration||TO CONDUCT OUTREACH & DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS TO IDENTIFY NEEDY AGED, BLIND & DISABLED INDIVDUALS POTENTIALLY ELIGIBLE FOR SSI||$2,084,380|
|Boston College||2001||Energy, Department Of||HIGH TEMPERATURE SUPERCONDUC- TIVITY RESEARCH FACILITY||$1,918,000|
|Boston College||2004||Social Security Administration||TO CONDUCT OUTREACH & DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS TO IDENTIFY NEEDY AGED, BLIND & DISABLED INDIVDUALS POTENTIALLY ELIGIBLE FOR SSI||$1,885,494|
|Boston College||2000||Social Security Administration||TO CONDUCT OUTREACH & DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS TO IDENTIFY NEEDY AGED, BLIND & DISABLED INDIVDUALS POTENTIALLY ELIGIBLE FOR SSI||$1,803,950|
|Boston College||2002||Social Security Administration||$1,677,283|
|Boston College||2000||National Science Foundation||XYZ ON A CHIP: DEVELOPMENT AND FABRICATION OF THREE-DIMENSIONAL MICRODEVICES||$1,486,680|
|Boston College||2005||National Science Foundation||URBAN ECOLOGY, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, AND INQUIRY SCIENCE FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS||$1,289,637|
|Boston College||2010||National Institutes Of Health||MODULAR SOFTWARE FOR SEQUENCE DATA QUALITY CHECKING ALIGNMENT & VARIANT-CALLING||$1,157,137|
|Boston College||2009||National Institutes Of Health||MODULAR SOFTWARE FOR SEQUENCE DATA QUALITY CHECKING ALIGNMENT & VARIANT-CALLING||$1,092,563|
Advisory Committees133 people on 79 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Boston College" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 96 people on 49 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 18 people on 18 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 14 people on 1 committee
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 1 person on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Education 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Small Business Administration 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee